Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

I've given up asking my son to help, he has to come up with it himself, offer. He's growing up a lot lately so I could try subtly. He doesn't want to help me do the garage sale - end of Oct.

Great effort @Former-Member. Don't overdo it. 

Good morning @Former-Member - what are you tackling today? Remember to take breaks, perhaps even reward yourself for your efforts. You're doing so well especially considering the enormous task that it is?

3E9F097D-323D-4FEB-96ED-63F260225E01-12466-000006CC5ED56B2C.jpeg

Hi @Soul, thanks for checkingvin. Quite teary this mornin...

Hi @soul, how are you? Thanks for checking in - quite teary here this morning.

The Real Estate Agent rang already, she wants to advertise an open house in the paper ๐Ÿ˜ฑ but i have encouraged her to just stick with basics for now as we have several nibbles already. A young ambulance officer is coming to inspect Thursday. (I have requested Thursday & Saturday only for inspections, so I have 4days less anxiety). After talking to her I cried... & still teary. Guess selling up is a loss, even when its necessary. Why am I doing this to myself? Must revisit all the reasons why ๐Ÿ˜ž

My son hasn't checked in, answered his phone or my txs. He was due back from NZ last night. I worry. Why can't they prioritize calling mamma? Lol

"WINNER" thanks but maybe that's a bit over the top lol don't feel like a winner yet, and its embarrassing.

Seems I've scared everyone off this week. Should I keep posting? Being anonymous here is kind of liberating in the sense that I can bring it in the open finally, how bad it really is (photos & all) and how I struggle. Must go back and read old posts. I need help - to deal with this crushing hoarding & compulsive buying disorder ๐Ÿ˜ž

Wish I had one of those professional organisers in my pocket to  stand beside me with each little job, help me stay grounded, focused, support / hold me during the little meltdowns & aimless wondering episodes. It hurts.

IMG_20170911_084805.png

Re: Hi @Soul, thanks for checkingvin. Quite teary this mornin...

Change is always scary @Former-Member. Especially if we have been stuck for a while. When doubts start creeping in, it can really mess with our head. A good idea to think about why you want to move but don't overthink it.

The hardest part is making that decision. Once, it's made - go for it. I reckon go slowly with the whole real estate thing. Remember that they are working for you and they get a lot in commission. Advertising and such serves to promote them. It's in their best interest to get a sale so let them do their job. Probably don't need all the trimmings just yet if it's going to stress you out.

As for your son, if he just got home last night, he may need a bit of time to wind down. Maybe an invite for a meal and to hear about his travels could be in order.

Keep posting. You add a lot to these forums. I am enjoying following your journey. 

Hey @Former-Member - just posting to send you my thoughts for what is surely a tricky time, my congratulations for how far you've come already and my cheers (can you hear them?) from behind the screen to encourage you to keep going. You're getting there and it's great to see!

You got this lapses ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿก๐ŸŒˆ

(Ps no scaring me away either)

Thanks @soul, just burst into tears again ๐Ÿ˜ข When I get up - it hurts. Overdoing it but have to to get it done. I never could do things fast and there's nobody else. I'm so tired. Just took pain meds and about to have breakfast and other meds for depression, asthma, arthritis, blood pressure... What I mess I've become - best not think about it too much ๐Ÿ˜•

My son just checked in. Just landed in Sydney (not Brisbane last night) so he interesting to hear what that's about. Said he'll ring later ๐Ÿ˜€

Neighbours puttytat came in the house again this morning, wish I wasn't allergic - could do with the company. And a butcher bird just sat next to me for a bit on the veranda. How's all your pets?

My birds were quieter than usual this morning - though its possible I slept through their morning song, late night and all.

Didn't quite empty that corner to stack the spare beds, but almost done. Still winding up this morning.

Thanks for listening ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi @Former-Member

I just took a look at your de-clutter thread - wow - that's hard work

I hope you get this done with asap - it's really hard work

Clutter - like so many other things - seems to accumulate - I don't seem to have big stuff - I went throug all my books some time back and ditched those so preloved they were fluttering around with lost pages 

All the best with that

Dec

Hope you've had a good day @Former-Member. Found a shirt for you. Perfect if you're a Game of Thrones fan.

DB73B496-0328-43A5-87EE-DE78C093824E-1489-0000008EA0AA34FB.jpeg

Thanks @soul @Owlunar @CheerBear,  I can feel the cheers, it helps. Finally cleared the SW corner, packed my sons stuff away for him, now I can get serious about filling this room with organised STUFF-TO-GO! and shut the door on it. Rule #2 of decluttering is:

"EVERYTHING MUST HAVE A PLACE" 

IMG_20170911_222813.png

Appreciate your support here, honest :).

Hope you're detoxing ok  @Faith-and-hope, miss you ๐Ÿ’œ

Ooo, near forgot. My son rang tonight, he had a fabulous holiday in NZ with his old school buddy. He loves NZ, wants to live there. The reason he was a day late arriving was flight delays (weather), But he's other big news is he broke his Rt Arm (radius) skiboarding on Saturday. Had to have it realigned & a split cast on only just Saturday. He's not sure how he'll manage at work but going in tomorrow - he sounds good in spirit and has heaps of images to share some time he said. 

Hope we all sleep well tonight. Hugzz ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’•