Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Welcome @SLARBERT @Sunny54 ,

Hope you can connect with other members going through something similar.

BPD can be tough, but it's also incredibly rewarding.

Hey @SkiptheDog @BlueBay @saturnzoon @MissLil @Sunny54 @Lila3 @Amethyst1 @Sweetpotato @Bloss @Chook_ @Bee36 @Parzival @itsonlyme94 @J212 @SkiptheDog @Llamadrama1212 @Panda2000 @BPDlearner1 @Nidbina @sugarcoatedhero @anonymous678 @Bumblebee2 @Willow_26 @Alltaken @Josie72 @Flibbertigibbet @Elizabeth27 @fc616 @PhoebePhoenix @Bamo 

For those with BPD or carers of people BPD, you may be interested in these two groups which are both free and online.

Carers:

https://www.spectrumbpd.com.au/education-training/education-for-families-friends-and-carers

For people with BPD: 

https://www.spectrumbpd.com.au/education-training/psychoeducation-sessions

There's also this group run by Project Air

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.19.18 PM.png

Note: If you DO end up attending these groups, we ask that you maintain forum anonymity.

@BPDSurvivor 

Is this still an active forum? I want to share my experience with BPD and partake in the community. 

@tyme 

To be a little facetious - how can BPD be rewarding? I'm not discounting the idea - curiosity begs though.

Hey @BabyBear ,

For me, I found that my BPD taught me a lot of new things I wouldn't've learnt otherwise. 

I don't believe I would have the compassion and care for people struggling with mental health, nor would I have the understanding I now have today because of it.

Throughout my journey, I met some of the most inspirational and incredible survivors as well as professionals. 

I have such a deeper understanding of myself that I don't think I would have got otherwise.

I have so much more to share, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone.

@tyme,

I’m glad you have found value through your experiences with BPD. Empathy and self-knowledge are valuable commodities as is the service of others.

I'd be interested to hear any experiences you feel up to sharing about BPD @BabyBear .

For me, I think the turning point was when I learnt to embrace my BPD as opposed to hating it. When I learnt to work with the BPD, I saw it was a give-take relationship.

Please know though, it wasn't easy. There were a lot of tears and a lot of pain that went with it. It wasn't a rosy journey by all means...

Yet I'm here to tell the story.

@tyme,

Well. I was diagnosed with BPD this year. I suspected I had BPD for some years, but it was never identified.

BPD Diagnosis made me feel vindicated. Being a quiet borderline presents an unfolding map of me and the potential for greater introspection and self-actualisation.

That will suffice for now.

Thanks for sharing @BabyBear 

To be honest, when I was diagnosed, I had no idea was BPD was.

I like this point you made "being a quiet borderline presents an unfolding map of me and the potential for greater introspection and self-actualisation."

I totally agree with it. It's a really good way of putting it.

For me, my recovery took many years to get started. However, once it started, it took about 3-5 years to be in a really good place.

Actually, when I was diagnosed, not many people around me knew what to do or how to help. I was left floundering in the world with numerous hospital admissions...

If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask @BabyBear  Absolutely no pressure though.

@tyme,
How many hospital admissions did you have?

I have had a lot. I will be attending a DBT & Schema program (two programs) in the remaining months of this year.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance