Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends, families and carers

Re: Daily Check In Space

@Healandlove 

I think it feels  worse when we are not well ourselves 

Mr shaz is sick with the flu 

The flu is knocking on my door 

Mr shaz having a stress tests today 

Love to have furbabies again 

All the best for today 

Here for each other 😊

Gday @Healandlove @Pem ,

Hope you are both okay. Good to see you both!

I also have these feelings regularly x

You are not alone.

@Joonbug thank you for your response.  Are you also supporting a loved one with cptsd?

I had my first session of EMDR yesterday.

My psychologist warned me that it would be hard and I may feel big feelings afterwards for sometime. Today I feel a mixture if numbness, anger still at times and j7st exhaustion. 

The psychologist told me the brain knows what to do to heal itself.  I hope so.

This is meant to help me with my feelings of loss, grief at my husband's condition,  extended family estrangement, anxiety and overall help me to cope better. I really hope so.

@@Shaz51 @Glisten @tyme @pizzamondo @@PinkFlamingo 

1) I'm feeling positive at the moment, maybe a 6 or 7

2) I have struggled with ruminating thoughts/worries, and one thing I have done well is sometimes being able to stop those worries from consuming me

3) I can meet a friend today

Hi there quiip

We wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

Feel free to Introduce yourself here if you haven’t already!

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

The SANE Forums Team

e: team@saneforums.org

Hi @cloudcore 

This is my first post.

1) How are you feeling?

About a 4 atm. Struggling with what's going on with Mum 86yo, only 8 months after Dad (87yo) passed. Mum hasn't been easy at all, and is showing signs of dementia. I found out this afternoon she likely needs open heart surgery or equivalent, but other options apparently not ideal.. rather urgently. And I've just come home after being with her for 5 weeks, setting up a lot of care for her and getting repairs done to her house, and decluttering. I live in a different state to her. I have my own family who need me. Mum wouldn't thank me for anything I did.

2) I'm struggling with the dynamics and navigating around my remaining 2 siblings. Neither are engaging with me. One is totally avoiding anything more than a weekly Skype with Mum since he's overseas, and my sister only turns up to Mums when she can to take her out and score a free lunch paid for by Mum's pension. Anything my sister does is glammed up and shouted from the roof top, and I'm the opposite as I'm regularly dismissed, particularly by my sister. I'm the head down, bum up type, but I still have feelings.

Good thing I've done? The surgeon's clinic has given me Mum's referral letter, and I've secured Mum an appointment for next Thursday. I've even lined up her long term carer who is a nurse, to take her, even though it's not her usual day, and she said YES! because it's school holidays and she has more availability. So happy about that.

3) What is one nice thing you can do for yourself today?

I'm going to pour a glass of wine and sit down to some TV, chick flick rubbish. Just what the Dr ordered. And maybe have a bath while the boys watch footy later.

Thanks for listening.

I sure am listening @WoodBEE 

Great to see you here.

I read there are quite a few things you are juggling at the moment.

I hear how hard it is to juggle things from a far off and neither sibling is really helping. Have you spoken to them about it in the past?

I have to say I'm guilty in that my sisters do more of the handling affairs than me. I'm just not that way inclined. They have never said anything, but I can see they do more than me in that way. 

I do my part in other ways I guess. I wonder they are the type of people who just need to be told what they have to do?

You know your situation best. We are here if you need to debrief.

I feel okay today. 5 out of 10

I have struggled with my health as I am exhausted.

I am okay however I do feel that I need more support as I am supporting my daughter and her children (my grandchildren) and my daughter has mental health issues, is a recovering addict and has anxiety issues.

4 is probably how I'm feeling right now. 2 was last night.

I'm really struggling with my best friend's mental health and trying to figure out how to navigate that. Especially because of how outwardly agitated and aggressive she can get a well as hopelessness and a previous suicide attempt.

The times I tried to remain calm. Also doing what I can to look after myself are what I am sort of doing well.

It was be nice if I could shower. Allow myself to feel all fresh and clean.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance