Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Went for a 4ish hour bike ride (motorbike) this morning. Should have been 3 but missed a turn but rather than turn around decided no hurry to be anywhere so just turtled  along and enjoyed the peace.

Quick stop to txt where I was and would be an hour later than expected so not to worry anyone. Was great. Need to do more of that. 

Love taking back roads, especially this time of year, to avoid all the crazys 🤪 . 

Screenshot_20221215_144438.jpg

So that puts me up to a 5 and steady from 1 and sinking earlier in the week. 

Still dark clouds on the horizon but checking out for the day on responsibility has definatly helped to recharge for tomorrow. 

And coming weeks. 

Screenshot_20221215_194905.jpg

@Determined loving your motorcycle story. I used to have one long ago - but being the sole breadwinner I can't risk issues, so let it go.

Cycling was the thing for me, and am consistently thinking about taking it back up. But the way anything outside 10km of Sydney is designed, it's as though whomever designed it is downright hostile to cycling.

Hope to keep seeing your updates.

Hello @tired_sisyphus , @Determined , @greenpea , @FloatingFeather , @hanami , @Sunshineandsea , @Krishna , @Tinker67 , @Scoo , @Smc 

That quote is very true @Determined 

@TuxedoCat sent me a link about physical problems and carers the other day , 

Hi @Shaz51 Hectic time of year for many but I prefer to keep it simple and avoid the crowds as much as physically possible. We’ve not been big celebrators of Christmas since the kids were little, with our fractured family. So a little money put in our kids accounts for them to spend as they wish and a small gift for myself and husband. We’ll spend a peaceful day with a picnic at the beach. The lead up to the big day is always one of wishing things were different for our family but I realise that just makes it harder. Acceptance I’ve found brings a weird sort of peace. Wishing for you also a peaceful day and may 2023 be one of beautiful blessings. Much love Krishna 🙏

Picnic at the beach sounds really nice @Krishna 

Yes it is hard , and with my 4 step children all over the place too makes it harder 

Sending you lots of love my friend, and keep in touch 

@tired_sisyphus  we are into cycling also.

Just now looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow and deciding 50km local loop or 100 km round trip to next town for coffee. 

@Determined I've been meaning to get into walking for a while. Tonight a few things reminded me to really get serious about being mindful.

I almost got wiped out in traffic tonight. There was a moment of distraction. Realised I really need to spend the TIME to clear my head.

Mrs hasn't been great. Xmas/family brings extra big emotions. Result is usually staying up all night, refusing to guarantee her safety. And even when she's supposed to be better tonight, when I told her about aforementioned traffic thing, she just kept scrolling on her phone. I know my wellbeing ranks very low on her list of priorities, disheartening but that's the reality I live in.

Sorry to hear that @tired_sisyphus 

And trust you are not too rattled post incident. 

Sounds like we live in a parallel reality re Christmas season gremlins and care factor of significant other 🥴

Feeling for you 💔

I am grateful that concern for Darlings safety and welfare has improved here  if only by a thread. And only on her terms. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance