Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: Daily Achievements!

Thanks for sharing @Judi9877 ! You've accomplished so much!

@Th0ughtlessss as @TAB said, dishes is a big thing. It is time consuming and draining I have a dishwasher that was given to me several years ago when my kitchen drains were blocked and I couldn't afford a plumber. The dishwasher drains out the window lol! The drains are now fixed but it is much easier to load the dishwasher than stand and do dishes. I have never liked doing dishes!

Tabby, I had a flatmate in my 20's who was probably the laziest girl I have ever met. I remember one friend of mine coming over one day when flatmate was washing the dishes. My friend said "Oh, I didn't recognize you there, you're doing some housework!" This same girl used to hide dirty dishes in the cupboards and oven when she had friends come over. 

I struggle to get the housework done but my kitchen has to be clean and free of clutter. 

guilty as charged re hiding dirty dishes etc @ENKELI  dishwashers are just Wrong tho , lots chemicals and water. i soak days worth of plates and cutlery in sink  then when hot water going wash and rinse a few at a time lol. ok theres lots of run off, if water is warm already I try and make the most of it

Good morning @Shaz51. I hope you have had a pleasant week 😊 

@Shaz51 I just read your post about the  40k winds you were getting and you 60km round trip.

FNQ don’t usually get high winds unless there’s a cyclone 🌀 coming at you?

WA the home to the Roaring 40s. Westerly wind is currently 38kmph with gusts 💨 60kmph. 
Natures air con 😆

G

Good evening @Glisten @Mustang67 @TAB @ENKELI @tyme @Shaz51 and all forumites here. Great work on your achievements!

Today, I achieved the following:

-woke up and got out of bed 

- Fed my cat and gave her meds

- Sewed up a knitted kids jumper which I had been putting off (I dislike doing the necks of jumpers as I struggle with this part of knitting jumpers!)

- Completed a baby beanie for Ambulance Victoria 

- Watched the Carlton vs St Kilda match on TV

- Read some more of the Sullivans Crossing ebook 

- checked out Facebook 

- Watched an episode of the Block on my phone 

- Took photos of my cat, Mitz, on my bed and listened to her purr which hopefully means she’s getting better

- Purchased pizza for dinner for my housemate and myself as a thank you for her cleaning the dishes.

That’s all for me. Keep up the great work!

Take care and stay safe!

Judi9877☺️🌻

Hi @Judi9877 

Wow you achieved a lot. Good on you and well done. 😊

Yesterday I managed to shower myself and brush my teeth.  I even blow dried my hair, which I haven't done in over a year.

I then picked up my daughter and visited a friend for the 2nd time within the last 7 years. And I am so glad that my depression stayed away, and allowed me to go through with the visit. I have cancelled on her so many times.

We stayed for 7 hours and play Uno NO Mercy with the kids and played with her new puppy.

Messenger_creation_a0d84854-02fa-4d80-8a3b-531cd296945f.jpeg

I had an absolute ball, and it made me realise how much I miss my friend.

When I was at my lowest, I pushed everyone away. But this one would always be there for me, even when I wouldn't respond to messages at time. We met at playgroup when our daughters were about 6 months old. And our daughters are now 15.

I was planning on coming home around 2pm and doing the dishes and putting some washing on, but we were all enjoying ourselves so much, I decided that I deserved some quality time with my friend. And I enjoyed watching my daughter have a good time as well. 

So for me, this day was massive. 

@Mustang67 @Judi9877 @TAB @ENKELI @tyme 

Last Thursday was a first for me.

I sent an email and I didn’t even care if the fonts were matching.

I had been stewing over my response to my lawyer and paralegal because they had missed what I considered crucial information.

Normally I a perfectionist about layout and fonts. I was cut copy and pasting data from my Notes in my iPhone.

This time I didn’t care.

Told them what I needed, gave them the facts, didn’t care about layout or the size of the font and sent it.

No perfectionism.

I feel like taking a bow to my inner applause 👏🏼 

😀 G

Hi @Glisten, well done you.

I worked for lawyers for over 20 years and I obviously love the fact that you used different fonts etc. As most of them like everything composed properly. 

After getting sacked for taking too much time off work, while I was trying to deal and recover from DV issues and having to find a new place to live etc, I no longer have the respect for lawyers like I used to.

And they rip people off, the way they bill for every little thing, and I have seen them charge for the same service in two different ways. 

So good on you. And watch them like a Hawk. And if you talk to anyone from the lawyers office, take detailed notes of your conversation, including date, time and who you spoke to.

And ask them to send you a detailed invoice and then go through it with a fine tooth combe and query anything that you recall happening.

I know having to deal with lawyers etc can be very stressful, so I hope it goes well for you. 

Screenshot_20240810_185001_Facebook.jpg

I thought I would send you a rose to brighten your day. 

@Mustang67 twice I have found invoice errors.

I hate to think about what happens to people that are so distressed that they hand over money without checking.

If it wasn’t for medication I wouldn’t have made it this far.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance