Skip to main content

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc for a whole there I was trying a new dish on a regular basis, some of which was because we were going to weekly shared meals which came to an end with our move.  A quick glance through the clippings made me realise that I no longer want to try most of the recipes but I did save just a few.

Mr Darcy is no longer enjoying food like he used to but in the future I will have opportunity to entertain again and I am looking forward to doing that. 

Heart @Former-Member...

Really pleased with today's tidying up effort and we have made a decent dent in clearing some items from the big room (as we call it).

Along the way we:

1. Replaced some knobs on beside cabinets - they now match the ones on the chest of drawers.

2. Sorted and put away a few items that were previously unpacked.

3. Cleared out 1/2 dozen or so folders, recycling a fair portion of the removed paperwork. 

4. Set aside a few things to go to the op shop.

5. Spoke to + messaged some family members offering them first pick of some items prior to disposing of them elsewhere.

Very good day @Former-Member  doing that 

Now some me time for you xxx 

Still got to finish sorting some of the keeping paperwork @Shaz51 , Mr D having a siesta.

Feels good when things get done @Former-Member 

Yes we saved the filling  cabinets which I will have to go through and throw things out 

What I need now is somewhere to put my paperwork at mum's which is  adding  up fast 

I have been using some tubs that fit a suspension file system for our financial paperwork @Shaz51

Slow but steady progress made clearing our big room. Have a few more items set aside for donating. A friend called in today = 2 more items out the door 👍.

Donated a few more items over the weekend which included a number of lever arch folders and plastic sleeves. Today a plastic tub full of papers went in the recycle bin and a few items were given proper homes.

Expecting our builder to show tomorrow morning (or at least one day this week).

Excess furniture left the building today ... yay.

Have a few bits left to move from renovation area but all in all am pleased with our clean-up effort.