Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

NDIS

The NDIS and funding is so frustrating….

Discuss.

Meggle

2 REPLIES 2
Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Re: NDIS

I have some funding left over in my plan which I have to use before 27th March 2023, however there are very limited things I can spend it on. There are things I want to do which would aid my participation in the community but I can’t spend it on that even though 2 years ago I could! So frustrating. Looks like I will have to spend extra time with my support worker or go on yet another respite trip just to use it up. I am already going on two trips in the next couple of weeks.

Meggle

hanami
Senior Contributor

Re: NDIS

Hi @Oaktree 

Yes I agree it's frustrating! I used to work for a disability service with NDIS participants and I always seemed to be confused or frustrated. No one makes it easy! There's so much admin and passing things from one service/person to another. And then there's the budgeting. UGH.

I definitely hear you. My good friend is on NDIS and some of the challenges she tells me about are so wild. I'm often in disbelief. 

Thinking of you,

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance