Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

October 2021 Community Wrap πŸŽ‰

Hi there SANE Community  πŸ‘‹

We are back with a wrap up of what's been happening across the forums in October 2021. We also have information about where to find upcoming discussions for November below πŸ™‚ 

#️⃣Trending topics:

πŸŽ‰  Celebrate a member:

@Sophia1 for your kindness, compassion and empathetic support across the forums community. Your posts in this discussion are just some of the examples of the care that you provide to others. Well done!

@Sandy-66 for starting discussions to share your passion for peer support, and the role peers have played in your journey. You will see one of your quotes below as our quote of the month πŸ™‚ 

@chibam for your thoughtful questions and contributions to Topic Tuesdays. We love seeing the questions you bring to Topic Tuesday discussions and your knowledge from your own experiences. Thank you!

@Judi9877 for continuing to lead the Daily Achievements space in the forums! I love seeing all the amazing community support and celebration that happens here, and it wouldn't be possible without your leadership πŸ™‚ 

πŸ—“ SANE events to take part in next month

There are so many discussions and events taking place this month, and we invite you to join in! To find out all the events taking place, check out the calendar below or our thread What's happening on the forums in November 2021 πŸ—“

Forums Calendar 2021 (2).png

πŸ”¦Spotlight on:

In October, we wrapped up the last of our Let's talk about emotions discussions with the topics of Sadness and Happiness. If you want to check out the 4 discussions we had and get involved, you can join the discussion here Let’s talk about Emotion: Introduction.

SANE hosted three Topic Tuesday last month. We started the month with a discussion for BPD Awareness week, with special guests @KirstyNEABPD and @BPDSurvivor, talking about creative wellbeing and approaches to recovery. Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness Week 2021 – Discover Creative Wellbeing // Tues 5th October, 7pm-8:3... 

We then spoke about tools and tips for self, indiviudal and systemic advocacy Topic Tuesday // Tools for Advocacy // Tues 19th October, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT.

Lastly, we ended the month in the friends, family and carers forum talking about moving from isolation to connected as a carer with Peer Ambassador @SA64Topic Tuesday // "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" // Tues 26th October, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

You can still view the discussions and hear from the community using the links above. 

🎊SANE news:

This month, we welcomed lots of new peer workers to the SANE team! SANE's team is growing - Introducing our new peer support workers πŸŽ‰. Please join me in welcoming @Paperdaisy @Rhye @flybluebird @ButterflyBeauty @LittleSteps @RiverSeal @sagilove95 

We will also be opening applications for the Community Guide Program soon, so if you are a Senior Contributor and are interested to apply, please keep an eye out for more details!

🌸 Quote of the month: 

"There's something special connecting with others that share and understand your struggles and pain which is sometimes difficult if you know another doesn't really feel your experience in the same personal way." @Sandy-66 

Tagging those who supported the last month's Community Wrap Smiley Happy

@eth @frog @Anastasia @Dimity @Snowie @Shaz51 @RedHorse @Fluttershy1 @Former-Member @cloudcore @Emelia8 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: October 2021 Community Wrap πŸŽ‰

@Daisydreamer  Hey it was nice to be mentioned in your post and have what I shared as quote of the month. It is without doubt my passion and something I'm going to pursue further in the new year as I'm still struggling a lot myself with my own mental health issues, the system again letting me down, but what's new there!!!

I've actually had a couple of hospital stays of late that's why I've been on the quiet side and in one of the stays experienced once again some very poor treatment from a nurse that had already judged me before meeting me. I wasn't going to act on it but decided if it wasn't for myself well I'll do it for the next patient with mental health concerns so they don't experience the same. Unless individuals such as this have a different perspective and deeper insight into what even brings us there to start with and brings with their role compassion and understanding, they will never see the need for their own change and system change.

So I'm in the middle of the process at the moment and waiting his response to my complaint and where we take it. 

thanks again 

Hi @Daisydreamer ,

Is there a specific colour code for the events listed on the calendars?

For "Living with Loneliness" (22nd Nov), is that a thread, chat or special date? I can't seem to find this on the forums, but was interested in reading through posts etc. (If there is one).

Mum @Shaz51 , do you know?

BPDSurvivor

No I can not see it either my daughter @BPDSurvivor 

@cloudcore , @Daisydreamer , @Former-Member 

Good morning @BPDSurvivor and @Shaz51! The thread re loneliness is here Living with Loneliness Smiley HappyHeart

It has been pinned in the Our Stories space.

Thanks @cloudcore ! I will definitely read through it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance