Skip to main content

Who Supported this Post

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.


Have an account?

Who supported this Discussion

New Contributor

What do you do when the person believes there is nothing wrong and professionals refused to help unless the person gives permission.  Unless the person is life threatening or themselves or others then nobody will help.  The person is verbally abusive and unable to earn any kind of income and has not applied for governments assistance but living off the generosity of the family who have now become quite sick of it.  The person believed the family owes them big time = not sure for what.   The person is not paying any rent and helps themselves to food when wanted.  The person's partner who also has a mental health problem is enabling in the on-off relationship and family have been warned to stay out of their private lives.   I am at wits end and about to ask them to leave my home.  I don't know what else to do.  People who provide advise, including Psychologist provide primary carer relief but this does not solve the problem

For urgent assistance: