Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

adoptedhere
New Contributor

severe depression

hi to anyone out there had a very bad experience with my former pet rescue dog last week...she suffered trauma as a baby and now we are not living in a house anymore I couldn't keep her. I wanted to have her put to sleep because I didn't think it was fair to her anymore to suffer anxiety every time I took her to the vet but my husband did not agree and decided at the last minute to turn up at the vet and rehome her which I did not want him to do because I didn't trust anyone with her. Anyway my husband would not go with me to the vet and then turned up at the last minute as vet was trying to sedate my dog they had to muzzle her and she screamed then our ex neighbor found out and phoned the vet while I was struggling with this and threatened my life. Now I am in a very bad place in my mind and hear my dog screaming all the time. Oh God

1 REPLY 1

Re: severe depression

Hey @adoptedhere 

Thank you for sharing your story, I can hear how raw it all must be feeling for you. It truly sounds like you tried to do the best that you could in a complicated situation. 

It is perfectly understandable for things to be feeling really tough right now as it is all still so fresh. 

When it comes to making hard decisions about our pets we can be left with a huge amount of guilt and grief. hope that you are able to take extra special care of yourself today and know that you were doing what you felt was the best thing to do. 

If you feel threatened by your neighbour, please know that you can call 000 if you are concerned for your safety. I am so sorry that happened on top of everything else you were dealing with.

We are a space of support, acceptance and non-judgment 💛 I hope that you can feel that this is a welcoming and safe space to share your thoughts here 

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance