Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

NINE13022
New Contributor

my forever love has ended and I'm not coping

My gut instinct nagged me relentlessly; something was very wrong in our relationship. But I couldn't figure out what, why?

Unfortunately I'm a chronic people pleaser;

Treats me bad, more I do, the more I try, the more I give. 

When the smell of an oily dirty rag has all but vanished.

I'm still standing strong! willing, smiling, laughing, and doing all I can to keep them happy.

But some people take advantage,  Use and abuse. I'm not saying I'm all victim I'm not perfect I'm not, but when you're being gasslighted, controlled and coerced days weeks months and now year's my thoughts, feelings, wants, needs, choices, shut down, irrelevant, dismissed, ignored, undermined, like I'm not human, unimportant, an embarrassment, revolting, repulsive, 

But here I am there I was trying each time harder and trying better to be all the opposite to this man

I was /am still so in love with this man, so attracted to him, and I honestly thought no chance we would seperate, he was everything I could have asked for in a man,

But this really only lasted the first few months.

Three years on.... 

Sorrow and despair befall me, 

What tipped it over the edge of no return was a confession he admitted to me, 

Something so horrifying I couldn't believe he told me in a way that he was almost bragging about it. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: my forever love has ended and I'm not coping

Maybe you could put him on the spot to see if he will be truthful and honest about how he feels or maybe he is struggling with himself in some way but either way you need to do what is right for you to be at peace with yourself. All The Best.

Don't over think it.

Re: my forever love has ended and I'm not coping

hey @NINE13022, welcome to the forums. I'm TuxedoCat, one of the pee workers and moderators here. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, sounds like you have been through a lot. 

It sounds like you have a lot of resilience given everything going on ❤️ 

As you're a new member, I just wanted to show you our community guidelines. It talks about how we maintain safety in our special community. You've shared your story of resilience here so beautifully, but reading the guidelines might be useful to ensure you keep sharing in a way which maintains yours and the communities safety ❤️ 

Let me know if you have any questions,

TuxedoCat

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance