Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

scalis
New Contributor

im suicidal

i have been thinking about killing myself for a month now i even made a plan and date and i made my suicide note and im really looking for help because im driving myself insane

4 REPLIES 4

Re: im suicidal

Hello @scalis 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I am one of the sane moderators on tonight.

Seeking help can be really difficult, well done for coming into the forums. 

I am sending you a private email. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @scalis  welcome to the forums firstly. Hope you feel heard here and find some support. Really sorry to read that you feel so low at the moment and that you feel that there is only one way out. 

hope that you are safe at the moment. 

Hi and welcome,  @scalis , it's good to have you here, where people can understand what you're going through. 

I'm very sorry to hear you feel suicidal and have made a plan 😞

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

If not, then the first step is to visit your GP and ask for a Mental Health Care Plan. This will entitle you to 10 (20 during Covid) subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year. The only thing is that psychologists are so overwhelmed with demand at the moment that it could take 6 months to get in to see one. But it's a good idea to get on the waiting list now. 

You can help this process by googling then ringing round psychologists in your area to ask: are they taking new patients at the moment, what is the wait time for a new patient to start, what are the costs, etc. Then you can take a name to your GP for the Mental Health Care Plan referral. (GPs might not know which psychologists are taking new patients and which have stopped as they are full.)

You asked for help, so I hope the above is helpful 🤞

Good luck, and I'm sending wishes for you...

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Hey @scalis It's not an uncommon thing to sit with and you don't have to go through it alone. 💝 What supports do you have? 

Have you heard of safe haven cafes? There are a few around and it varies depending on state so it might be worth a google search. Sending you this as a guide alternatives to suicide 

Alt2Su Australia wide zoom support groups. 

Please check in with us, we are concerned for you 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance