Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

You've found the place @Lochie07 !

I'm sure there are many in the community who have felt the same as you at one or more points in their life. 

It's good to see you are persevering and trying different things. 

Are you a reader? I read a book called "The Happiness Trap" by Russ Harris. I got so much out of this book because I realised that the happiness I was striving for was actually a trap and adding to my depression.

I'll see you around the forums. What are some things you are interested in? I may be able to direct you to threads of interest.

Take care,

tyme

Hi everyone I'm not very good at exposing my inner self but I will try!  I have Borderline Personality disorder and OCD with strong intrusive thoughts which I have had since I was a child.  I am a fun loving person who gets carried away with everything I do or say.  So if you guys want to love me, support me and accept me then my heart is open to you all. God bless!

Thank you, I appreciate that very much. 

Hi @777 

I just wanted to reach out and welcome you to the forums - itโ€™s great to have you here ๐Ÿ’œ

In my experience, sharing the inner most parts of ourselves can take an enormous amount of courage and as such, I just wanted to say that I think that youโ€™re incredibly brave to reach out and share this part of your story with us ๐Ÿ’œ

Developing the level of trust that we need to feel safe enough to share our stories can take time and as such, I just ever so gently wanted to reassure you that thereโ€™s absolutely no pressure or expectations in relation to what you share about yourself, or when you chose to share this - just share whatever feels safe and comfortable for you ๐Ÿ’œ

I absolutely love how you described yourself as a โ€˜fun lovingโ€™ person and I have no doubt that youโ€™ll find many likeminded souls here!

With that being said, we have a wonderful light hearted thread titled the โ€˜Ice Memeryโ€™ which may be of interest to you ๐Ÿ˜Š Basically, this particular thread showcases a variety of amusing memes that are bound to give you a giggle!

Iโ€™ve included the link to this particular thread below, just in case you would like to explore it further: 

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/The-Ice-Memery/m-p/1117393#M266044

Our online community is an incredibly vibrant and supportive space thatโ€™s full of amazing people from all different walks of life ๐Ÿ’œ As such, youโ€™ll find a variety of wonderful conversations and online events that youโ€™re more than welcome to participate in whenever you feel ready ๐Ÿ’œ

Sometimes it can be challenging to navigate our way around an unfamiliar space. As such, if you need some support to find what youโ€™re looking for, please feel free to reach out and Iโ€™ll do my very best to guide you in the right direction ๐Ÿ˜Š

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @777  that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them ๐Ÿ˜Š

I look forward to seeing you around the forums ๐Ÿ’œ

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar ๐Ÿ’œ

I a new in the forum. My name ins Monsie. I am a widow 84 years old struggling to survive. I have a good psychologist from South America and we speak in Spanish our mother tongue. I talk with him (Zoom) every 2 weeks. Because so many things happen to me all the time, one hour every two weeks is not enough. In the meantime, I google. Dr Google and searching for answers in Google helps me a lot as well. We live in times of Covid, Ukraine/Putin, politicians who have a lot to be desired. Old people... I better do not say anything about that... I find that progressive muscle relaxation help me a lot. 3 or 4 times a day, specially before going to bed. Less stress=less anxiety. 

Hi @monsie and welcome to SANE! 

We hope you find this a supportive space to be ๐Ÿ™‚ You are so resourceful and sounds like you are doing everything you can to support your mental health, we hope SANE can be a resource to support you too especially in between your appointments. 

We also offering free counselling and peer support services if you ever want to add some additional supports to your toolkit ๐Ÿ™‚ SANE Support Services are open 10am-10pm Monday to Friday. 

Hi everyone! The last 2 days have seen lots of new members join our Forums Community, so please join me in extending a warm welcome to our new members @Alone11  @Bettlejuice  @Bohe_333  @Bridgett  @counterfeit  @courage6  @Danib84  @Ethayin  @happily  @JD-03  @Kathe  @Kewton  @MattsOpinion  @monsie  @Rwanda  @Sage24  @Souldive  @Sunny16  @Sunny22  @Wondersoft  @Wrenny ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

We are so happy to meet you! This is a space where you can introduce yourself and get to know the community ๐Ÿ™‚ We also have a few great discussions happening today, and I would like to invite you to join us: Any positive stories out there? and our live event tonight  Topic Tuesday // ADHD // Tuesday 22nd February, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT 

We hope to see you around the Forums soon!

- Daisydreamer ๐ŸŒผ (Community Manager) 

Hi @Capricorn84 

Itโ€™s so lovely to hear from you ๐Ÿ’œ

It was my pleasure to welcome you to the forums and I think that itโ€™s wonderful that youโ€™re reaching out for support ๐Ÿ’œ

Suddenly learning things about yourself that you werenโ€™t previously aware of, sounds incredibly confronting and as such, I just ever so gently wanted to encourage you to be patient and gentle with yourself as you begin to process all of this new information ๐Ÿ’œ

Oh Capricorn84 ๐Ÿ’œ Iโ€™m so deeply sorry to hear that you were sexually assaulted and my heart goes out to you ๐Ÿ’œ In my experience, the trauma associated with sexual assault can be absolutely devastating and as such, itโ€™s completely understandable that your memories are fragmented and as a result, youโ€™re still trying to piece everything together ๐Ÿ’œ

Sometimes when weโ€™ve experienced trauma, the opportunity to be able to make decisions in relation to our care and recovery can be especially important and as such, I just ever so gently wondered if thereโ€™s anything in particular that would be helpful for you?

Please know that Iโ€™m thinking of you at such a difficult and distressing time ๐Ÿ’œ

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar ๐Ÿ’œ

@Alone11 @Bettlejuice @Bohe_333 @Bridgett @counterfeit @courage6 

@Danib84 @Ethayin @happily @JD-03  @Kathe @Kewton @MattsOpinion 

@monsie @Rwanda @Sage24 @Souldive @Sunny16 @Sunny22 @Wondersoft 

@Wrenny 

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ’œ

I just wanted to reach out and welcome you to the forums - itโ€™s wonderful to see so many new faces ๐Ÿ’œ

Our online community is an incredibly vibrant and supportive space thatโ€™s full of so many amazing people from all different walks of life ๐Ÿ’œ

Speaking of which, Iโ€™ve just invited a few wonderful members of our community to swing by and say hello ๐Ÿ’œ @Shaz51 @NatureLover @greenpea @maddison 

@Rhye @Clawde @Boo13 @Former-Member @SmilingGecko @RedHorse @Meowmy  

As you explore the forums, youโ€™ll find an amazing variety of resources, conversations and online events that youโ€™re more than welcome to participate in whenever you feel ready ๐Ÿ’œ

Sometimes, it can be difficult to navigate our way around a new online space ๐Ÿ˜Š As such, our wonderful Community Manager @Daisydreamer has created a list of some of the social spaces that you can visit to connect with other members of our community ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™ve included the link to this particular thread below, just in case you would like to explore some of these opportunities further:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Looking-for-a-space-to-connect-with-others-Find-a-list-of/m-p/1151750

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username i.e. @ShiningStar and that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please remember that youโ€™re always more than welcome to reach out here if you have any questions or you need some support to find what youโ€™re looking for and Iโ€™ll do my very best to guide you in the right direction ๐Ÿ˜Š

I look forward to seeing you all around the forums ๐Ÿ’œ

Take kind and gentle care of yourselves ๐Ÿ’œ

ShiningStar ๐Ÿ’œ

A warm SANE Forums welcome to our new community members ๐Ÿ™‚ We are glad you are here with us, and hope that you find this a supportive space to be. 

@Former-Member  @adw1952  @Bert5591  @Bettlejuice  @Birdy33  @BottleTopBill  @Bristle  @counterfeit  @crashempire  @DIDJane  @Eyad  @FelixCoco  @Gfbrokemyhearr  @Girlpower14  @GM3  @heal  @ineedsupport  @Inland  @Janice_22  @kh-Aishwarya1  @Kitty1231  @kttj77824  @Lochie07  @lumberdead  @M_7  @maslmeek99  @MattsOpinion 

This is a space where you can introduce yourself so we can get to know you better ๐Ÿ™‚ We also have a range of active discussions today, if you want to jump in and say hi. Our Daily Achievements! and Good Morning spaces are active each day, and a chance for you to get to know your community. We also have a number of spaces you might be interested to check out Looking for a space to connect with others? Find a list of discussions in 'Social Spaces' here 

We hope to see you around the Forums soon!

- Daisydreamer, Community Manager ๐ŸŒผ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance