Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Skyelee
Casual Contributor

Support through a real hard time

Hi I'm a newbie 

I am just after support to help me get through this hard part of my life my son was sexually assaulted and court is taking ages. I just feel I'm falling apart and I need to be strong for my son and partner. I am just feeling lost and I just do not know what to do.

Thankyou for listening

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Support through a real hard time

Hi @Skyelee 

Welcome to the SANE forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much at the moment. It sounds like your son is lucky to have you and lucky to have your support.

Has he got any professional support in place?

Have you got any professional support in place for yourself? I would encourage you to reach out for help. This is an extremely hard topic to go through and you don't deserve to go through this alone.

Yes, being strong for others is important but we cannot expect to be strong 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Something has to give. That is why I suggest you getting some support too.

I hope you find some support on the SANE forum. It is a place where there is always someone to talk too. I would also suggest getting in contact with the SANE support service either through phone or chat. They might be able to help you out too.

Look forward to hearing from you again @Skyelee and again welcome.

Hi @Skyelee 

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened to your son. It must be an incredibly difficult time for your family.

I hope you find the forums to be a safe place where you can find support during this difficult time.

Sending strength your way,

Rosie93

Hi thankyou so much snowie. Yes he is getting help and my partner is on waiting list like I am. It's just been so hard to get support. But I'll keep going. Going back to dr today to push for more help. Thankyou so much

Thankyou so much. It's good to just be able to chat and let it out

I am glad your son is getting support @Skyelee 

Unfortunately it sometimes is a wait to get support and I hope the wait isn't too long for you and your partner. Glad to hear you are going back to the doctors to push for more help. It sounds like you are doing everything possible to help your son and yourself. He is lucky to have you.

Hopefully you find this forum a supportive place for yourself and a good outlet to get out what you need. I have found there is always someone to listen to me or just to sit with me when I need that extra support.

Just a note, if you would like to tag a member just use the @ button and they will get a notification.

@Snowie thankyou for showing me that lol I felt bit silly. I'm happy I reached out and joined sane. Going to chat with support after 10 when they open

Welcome @Skyelee just wanted to say that I read your post and I'm thinking of you. I have been in a similar situation and it was completely overwhelming. There are a lot of good people here to listen.

Welcome @Skyelee.

From someone that's suffered from sexual trauma before, I want to thank you for supporting your son. You being there for him will mean a lot to him. Knowing you love him, care for him and are there for support when he needs it.

I didn't get that support from my parents. So I'm glad to see you are helping him.

I understand the emotions of going through court, It's insane. My case unfortunately didn't get anywhere. I left it too late. Years after the abuse. My bodies way of coping with the abuse was to lock it somewhere inside my brain like it never happens. I didn't tell anyone about it much later when the trauma was released and unlocked from my brain. 
If you have any questions you think I may be able to help you with I'm here. I'm in a good place with my trauma right now, so it won't cause me any harm by talking about it. X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance