Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

InsaneMushie
Contributor

Struggles with social anxiety n poly substance abuse

Hello, I am new here. 

I've come here today because I know I need help. Life not great for me at the moment. I'm alone in a big city with no family and very few friends. I've suffered from anxiety, depression, self harm and multiple suicide attempts. I also suffer from poly substance abuse. Most of my life I've suffered from anxiety and depression (I hid it well) however life is becoming more and more difficult for me as my symptoms get worse. It's got to the stage where simple things like going food shopping or centrelink are a nightmare for me. I've looked into assistance from NDIS but honestly not capable getting the things I would need to do to receive assistance. I always heavily relied on family (and partners) to deal with any issues I had. My Grandmother recently passed and she was my confidont and I no longer have her to help me thru, (I haven't in quite sometime as could only speak via speaker phone with other's about). Honestly don't know where to go from here, I've been dealing with this for so long and I'm use to it and with my lack of motivation, we'll just give up. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Struggles with social anxiety n poly substance abuse

@InsaneMushie   Hello and welcome to our forum.  I am going through difficulties myself at the moment and joined here about a month ago.  I find it hard to believe that so much has changed for me in that time - simply from the support I have received from others on this forum.  Not drastic changes but changes to my outlook and understanding.  It gives us the chance to take time out to think.  I hope you will find some comfort here too.

Unfortunately I can't advise you regarding the difficulties you are having but just putting one foot in front of the other sometimes helps me.  And knowing that there are always people here who genuinely care about you.  I hope joining here will give you the opportunity to get some support from others and that you find some who can give you more relevant advice than I can regarding the issues you are facing.

Take care.

Hi @InsaneMushie,  I'm sorry for the passing of your grandmother. You are having a tough time. Have you thought of seeing a GP. They can refer you to a counselor/ psychologist. Everyone is entitled to 6-10 free visits. You are not alone, you are among friends here.

Sending lots of hugs your way🤗💚💙💜❤️

Yes I've used my 10 visits however I think I will be able to do them again soon

@InsaneMushie  Welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry you lost your grandmother, your confidant. Dealing with grief is difficult. I hope the pain eases for you.

I know the process of getting NDIS is tricky, but there are a few on the forums who have struggled through, and found it worthwhile. I wonder if your GP could help find someone, like a social worker, to help with the process.

Take care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance