Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Rama
Casual Contributor

Recent break up and depression and anxiety

Hi all ,

really struggling atm, don't know what to do or where to go next, I've struggled with depression and anxiety for years and recently my boyfriend broke up with me. It was my first serious long term relationship. I feel devastated and awful and really don't know what to do or where to go .... please help. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Recent break up and depression and anxiety

Hi @Rama and welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

Relationship breakups can be so painful. Sorry you are feeling a rise in depression and anxiety at this time. I would recommend going to your GP if you already have one, or to find a new one if that is needed. They may be able to refer you for some Medicare-subsidised therapy with a psychologist. Being able to talk to someone expert in helping with mental/emotional pain may be of assistance to you at this time.

For a number of years now, I have been getting 10 psychology sessions per year for free on a GP referral. Some psychologists may charge a small fee on top of what is subsidised by Medicare but this is usually a small enough amount to be affordable for most people.

Wishing you well and hope the forum is helpful to you, as it has been for many of us here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance