Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Frankly
Casual Contributor

New here and glad i found this site! Hi all

Not sure where to start so i'll skip to where I am now, although it's been a long, at times hard and unpleasant journey. Where I am now is that although I didn't realise this situation was creeping up on me, I am aware of it. And it's time to at very least slow down which very much seems my moment of giving up. I've had very very tough times in the past but always been able to look at the bright side of a situation no matter how bad it was and carry on. I don't believe I have suffered depression in the past, although looking back it's clear I have but didn't recognise it. My story is long with many difficult periods even bleak, but these past few months I have been doing something which I've never done before, knowingly and unable to lift myself. This is looking after self hygene. I'm single 60's healthy in body, clean and tidy and house proud even when in homeless periods. I'm not sure what's going on? I feel flat, disinterested in life, avoid anything social, and have pretty much distanced myself from everyone. I just don't feel anything. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and eat well. So I'm at a loss as to why I feel this way?

Thanks for your ear

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New here and glad i found this site! Hi all

Hey @Frankly and welcome to the forums 😊 I'm one of the moderators, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for telling us what brought you here. It sounds like you have been through tough times before, but what you're going through now feels a bit different and hard to figure out. It's such a brave and important step to reach out at times like these. I hope you find heaps of support and connection here. Have a read of our Community Guidelines to get a sense of how it all works. 

I'm sure members will jump in soon. Look forward to seeing you round 🌻

@Frankly  Welcome.

I’m sorry you are feeling low at the moment.

Do you have a GP you can talk to, and maybe get some mental health support for you.

There are many of us here, from all different walks of life, who know what you are going through.

You might like to check out The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported . Meet a few others here and feel supported.

A forum tip. The @ brings a dropdown, and is how we tag others here,

I hope to see you around..

Hey Frankly, it is sounds like your gone through some tough times my friend and what your feeling right now, know that your not alone. I had Clinical depression for over 40 years my friend and these I am in a lot before place today. My first point of contact would your G.P, they are the power to connect to the support that you need. Now Frankly you have shown a lot gumption today telling your story and opening up what is going on with you at moment, so hats off to you my friend, you have made the biggest step to getting help, because there it always hope, I am living proof of that.

Regards Haystacks

Thanks!! Just thanks!

Thanks Haystacks. Yes to GP. I'm actually under the doc at the moment as I was diagnosed as having a fairly serious heart problem around easter. probs doesn't help either!!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance