Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Whim
Senior Contributor

Long time no chat

Hi all,

It's a very very long time since I last posted here. I have thought about returning many many times but I had issues with my log in etc so it just seemed a bit too hard basket.

I hope everyone is going, well, as okay as they can be.

I've had a very choppy few weeks. I had a time in hospital about three or four weeks ago, can hardly remember who I talked to, couldn't care for my son and am now scratching hard to get towards recovery.

I had a funeral, a loss of country, a romantic relationship end and on top, the cherry, workplace stress - I work within the mental health industry - yep, no-one immune and that needs to be normalised as much as possible.

Anyway, reaching out after many moons and suns.

Whim x

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Long time no chat

Hi @Whim . I've also been away a bit.

You're so right about normalizing. I'm pretty sure one of the goals of the DSM-5 is to do away with the whole normal/not-normal thing. Feels like a work in progress sometimes, but worthy work.

Re: Long time no chat

Hi @Whim @I'm maddison. Reading your post - good job reaching out.💚 Sounds as though things have been particularly difficult. I'm not sure how anyone could be expected to deal with all the things you mentioned - at least in one go. It's really crappy when life piles one thing & then another. Please excuse my terrible ignorance. I'm not sure what 'loss of country' is?

I live with a friend who returned from hospital in the last week. I can somewhat relate to the seriousness you are describing.

I wanted to support you & @wellwellwellnez in highlighting that people who work in mental are not immune to experiencing mental health issues. We never really hear about it, or discuss it? I think that is a disservice to a profession that is so extremely important - really for all of us.

Go slow.

I'm sure you know all about self care! 🙂 Anything planned?

xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance