Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Blue4
Casual Contributor

Lonely

I'm so over being sad and lonely.

I have no friends, I can go weeks without talking to anybody. I'm always In pain and take a lot of medication. I just feel I have no desire to live, every day is the same, some worse than others. I can cry all day sometimes. I really feel there is no quality of life for me, and mist of the time I just want out.

8 REPLIES 8
flybluebird
Senior Contributor

Re: Lonely

Hi @Blue4 welcome to the forums,

I am one of the peer support workers here & I can hear how down and lonely you’re currently feeling and how much you're struggling with finding any sense of hope.

It sounds really difficult and wondering that if you are at risk of harm for your safety that there are crisis supports available.

Unfortunately, the Forums aren’t a counselling or crisis service, however you can call any of the following services for immediate support: 

  

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

If in immediate danger: 000 

I will also check in with you via email, so you might see one come through to you.

Take care,

Flybluebird 

Snowie
Community Guide

Hi @Blue4 

Welcome to the Sane forums. You will find a lot of support here just like I have.

Wishing you a good day 💜

So sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time @Blue4. It sounds like our lives run in parallel. I have no advice. I try to keep busy with one thing or another. I like to study but there are lots of other things you can do. Find what interests you. I have no friends either – and no family. I am very fussy who I let get close to me these days. I am tired of being sincere with people who aren't sincere to me. I'd say try to be self-reliant and make the most of each day. I send you my very best wishes and hope things start to look a little brighter for you soon. Cheers, my friend. Smiley Happy

Blue4
Casual Contributor

Thakyou
Blue4
Casual Contributor

Thankyou.

Hello@Blue4 

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few forum topics. Some are more social, others more specific with regard to content;

• sort of easy going chat,
  • others involve people's discussions about how they are dealing with there own specific areas of interest and concern;
  • people offering suggestions, asking for advice or assistance and
  • generally being able to discuss with others, the day to day issues of living with or caring for a person who is suffering or experiencing the effects of mental illness.

I offer the following details to assist you to get involved and active in the forum if that's what you would like and hopefully, enjoy;

To address someone in the forum, and alert them to your comment;

• Select "Reply" at the lower left side of the post to which you wish to respond {I'm aware that you know that part of the process already}
  • with your cursor in the "Reply" box, type the symbol @ ; a drop-down menu will appear with the forum addresses of those members who have recently posted on the thread.
  • You can then select, one at a time, the person or people to whom you wish to address your comment. You need to type the symbol @ each time to select another person's forum address for inclusion in your reply.
  • Complete your reply and click "POST"

To the top right of the forum page, you will see the word

• "New". A number adjacent to that word indicates messages from others, that include your forum address: @Blue4.
  • {@ + Forum Name (Blue4)  = Forum address @Blue4 
  • Clicking on the word "New" will take you to the
  • "Your Notifications" page where new messages are posted and where you can select messages that you may wish to read. You will also see messages that have been added to threads to which you are subscribed which are available to be read and to which you can respond.
  • As you become more active on the forum, you will notice more notifications of posts for you to read and to which you may respond in the "Your Notifications" list.

Because I have included your forum address, @Blue4 in this message, you will have a Notification of this message in the "Your Notifications" list.

Raise the page up if the forum address list is obscured at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, please ask from wherever you are and someone will be able to offer assistance.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

frog
Community Elder

I'm sorry to hear how hard it is @Blue4 

And for you too @Historylover 

I don't have advice but wanted to say I hear you.

Take care

oceangirl
Senior Contributor

@Blue4 

Welcome to the forum. 

I truly hope you find support, connection and validation here.

We are a friendly bunch and we try our best to support each other.

I hope to see you in the forum. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance