Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Is it okay to have so many fictives?

I'm the host of the Tesoro System, and I've just realized we have so, so many fictives. 

We have three fictives from Riordanverse books, and two introjects of sorts from the same place. Plus, another fictive from Marvel. I'm not too surprised, since me and two of our other alters are very, v e r y attatched to fiction and often which we were certain characters or in certain worlds to get out of situations. But I'm worried that it's not normal to have so many fictives and introjects. Some of our fictives miss their source material a lot, and I'm worried that the worse things in my life get (everything's going downhill at the moment) the worse it'll be for them and the more likely it is for my brain to decide we need another fictive. I'm scared that having so many fictives will make me loose friends. 

What do people think about fictives? Is it normal to have a lot of them? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is it okay to have so many fictives?

To be honest, I have no idea what a fictive is. Could you explain?Smiley Happy

@Former-Member 

We have 2 fictives, 2 wolf shifters, 1 mermaid shifter, a dragon and a demon. 

We don't think it's unusual at all. Our wolf shifters me being one of them surface a lot obviously we can only shift on the inside as external body doesn't but we got use to it. Our demon is locked away and the others don't like fronting so it's rare to see them out. 

@chibam 

For people with DID fictives are alters that are characters from books, movies or tv shows for instance one of our alters is repunzel and a newer alter is Evie from Descendants.

Sapphire 

@Former-Member  Wow. I had no idea that that was a thing. Thanks for explaining that. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance