Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Introduction

..Macht's Gut @Sophia1  🙂Vielen Dank fuer dein Post , gute wuensche auch fur deine Verwandten 😎

Hi there @Sophia1 . Just checking in to see how you’re travelling which doesn’t sound so great after your post. I hope things pick up for you as you deserve to be happy.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Judi9877☺️💐🍀

Hi @HenryX 

Are you ok? I am worried that I haven’t heard back from you. 

Meggle xxx

@HenryX 

A lot has happened in the past week. My daughter was supposed to fly to Hawaii last Wednesday to start college over there. But at 3am Tuesday morning her appendix decided that it didn’t want to go with her. She had it out on Tuesday night. I was desperate to see her but unfortunately due to Covid restrictions I couldn’t go in until Thursday at which point she pretty much totally ignored me. She did however tell me off about Facebook. I hadn’t posted but I had commented on someone else’s post. So due to her disrespect of me I decided that I wasn’t going to give her lifts all over the place anymore. 

Today I went and asked her if she wanted to come make croutons and she asked me if I was going to forgive her. I was like yes but I am still not going to give you lifts. At which point she started screaming at me. She stormed off and slammed her door. Then she came out declaring that she was going to book a flight for this week, even though she is not supposed to fly for four weeks and having already told the school that she is deferring. So as it stands she has a ticket for Friday and possibly no dorm room to stay in all because she is mad at me.

I have left home and have nowhere to go and no plans to go back home at this point. If she is flying she can get herself to the Covid test and to the airport. I am not going to support her in this ridiculousness.

I am so upset right now because all I wanted was a daughter and now she treats me like trash. I think I have lost the will to live…

Meggle

That sure sounds so hard @Oaktree .

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. Although I haven't followed the entire situation, it sounds like you are feeling quite tired of being 'used'.

As much as I want to change things for you, I can't. But I can say I am sitting with you, and I hear you.

With most of us, we have tried our parents. We haven't been exactly what they have wanted us to be. And we have disappointed them. This is hurting you so much because you care so deeply for her.

I admire your strength at this time. Ride this wave, and see it work in your favour @Oaktree . Everything happens for a reason.

If you feel the need to reach out to any crisis services, feel free to contact:

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 

If in immediate danger: 000 

You may not have the connection of your daughter at the moment, but you have us.

Kindest,

tyme

@HenryX 

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts out into the universe for you!

Meggle xxx

Hi @HenryX 

You can’t believe how happy and excited I was this morning to see your name again supporting things!!! I really missed you my forum friend. I really do appreciate our connection and friendship. I just wanted to say don’t worry about trying to catch up on all my posts. Just start back up where you are. Thank you for your characteristic well reasoned response to my other thread. You made a lot of good points. I had never thought that my psychologist might throw things out there to test my psychological temperature so to speak. I think that you could be right. I am going to ask her directly if we can work on my feelings of not being good enough and see where that goes. If I can get rid of that hangover from my traumatic childhood then that will be a great start. 

How are you doing? You said that you had to move house? That must have been a massive undertaking especially with your bad back. How are you settling in? Are you ok? How is the depression now? I am so glad that you are back online dear Henry xxx I think you know by now how missed you were and not just by me. You have a community that cares about you here. I hope you don’t run away again any time soon. Big hugs to you!!!

Meggle

Hello @Oaktree 

Thank you for your greeting and reception to my return. I really appreciate the sentiments expressed by you and other forum members. It was really pleasant to read your comment, "You have a community that cares about you here." A statement that I value very much.

I hope to be able to contribute to the forum in useful and interesting ways. Thank you also for your observations about how your therapist may assess progress for both of you. I also hope, if you are able to discuss those ideas with her, that you will possibly establish a clear/er understanding of her position that is held on your behalf.

I am generally going well. Medication and my situation is now stable. The house move was not terribly onerous because most of what I needed was in the current location and I am free to work on the other cottage. The change was more a matter of jumping over the psychological "creek". I am in a much better position, particularly in terms of mobility, in my present accommodation.

I look forward to our future discussions here on the forum @Oaktree .

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Welcome back @HenryX Great to see you here and doing OK 😊

Hi @Paperdaisy 

Thank you for your greeting and "Welcome back" to activity on the forum. As mentioned in my earlier post, I am going OK and am more comfortable than where I was at before; physically, emotionally and psychologically.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance