Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

grayhorn
Senior Contributor

Initial greetings

Hi, is anyone out there currently listening? I'm a functioning technophobe, so not sure what to expect or when to expect it. The great unknown.  
I'm presently engaged in trying to befriend my inner maniac after months of r&r sailing in a fairly stable state of depression, that part of myself is much easier for my loved ones. My inner maniac does tend to sort the wheat from the chaff in terms of friends, but my depressive self doesn't condone engaging with my treasured friends, the ones with hearts and minds strong enough to fly with me or forgive my warped illusions of glamour. Hello out there anyway. Be kind to yourself. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Initial greetings

Hello @grayhorn. Welcome.

I’m a tech dinosaur, so we might make contact.

Sailing through a fairly stable state of depression sounds familiar. I might be sailing close by.

I hope your inner manic is manageable, and a break from the darkness.

Take care.

Thankyou Maggie. The maniac is such relief from the darkness, I pick up my music and call up my friends, but it gets rougher than sailing in the darkness so I'm happy to disappear from view again. How to ride the tiger and maintain the centre? Best wishes on the path.

@grayhorn  Just dropping by to see how riding the tiger, and maintaining the centre is going.

Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance