Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

CherrieRoyale
Casual Contributor

Hi there & I'm new

Hi there, I'm new and just thought I'd say hello. I have a few mental health conditions but I'm mostly struggling with loneliness lately after getting out of an abusive relationship. Despite all of that I think I'm a pretty good person. I'd like to make some friends and chat with some people. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hi there & I'm new

Hello CherrieRoyale, welcome 🙂 

I think it's great that you can see the good in yourself, despite living with mental health challenges and the experience of abuse. Loneliness is a relatable feeling and experience - a rather normal experience, in fact, after having been through the pandemic for the last year and a half and having recently left a relationship. 

I wish you all the best with your journey into and through recovery - you deserve the best of company and you deserve safety and respect!

Good luck 🙂 

Hi @CherrieRoyale ! Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

I'm well-versed in loneliness, too.

Hi and welcome, @CherrieRoyale  🙂

Feel free to type any topic into the search bar above, for threads on that topic.

You can also visit the thread Good Morning! for some chat if you like, and to get to know people 🙂 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply. 🙂

I hpope you enjoy exploring the forums. 🙂

hi @CherrieRoyale and welcome! im sure you will make lots of new friends here.
please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you would like

Welcome @Malus!

So nice to have you join us here in this space 🙂
I've found, as I'm relatively new here myself... that searching in the 'forums topics' a useful place in finding different areas of interest to be involved in connecting with others. 
Hope it might help with any feelings of loneliness. 

Thanks for introducing yourself here 🙂 

Hi flybluebird,
Thank you 🙂 I appreciate the kind welcome. 

See you around!

Hey and welcome 🙂 sorry to hear you are feeling lonely it can be like that sometimes after we have isolated ourselves for whatever reason. Hope you make some friends on here and keep posting 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance