Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Da-jarj-
New Contributor

Hi there I’m a full time carer to my mother who has mixed vascular dementia and Alzheimers

I'm new to this site, so here goes.

My mother is driving me nuts she continually calls out help and it gets louder and louder if no one's in the same room I worry one day someone's going to call the police. Also for the past few days she's been continually argumentative over nothing and blames other people who are not there, she also blames us then becomes verbally nasty to is and goes on and on and on all day. We try to calm her down but most time she only gets worse.
She calls my name for everything because I'm the full time 24/7 carer and always there, which makes the other person who works full time jealous annoyed and angry most of the time. 

I feel like I'm going crazy, heading for a breakdown. I am already on antidepressants for a pain condition, and right now I don't know where to turn or what to do and how to calm my mother down when she gets like this, I'd love any help/advice please and thanx

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi there I’m a full time carer to my mother who has mixed vascular dementia and Alzheimers

Yikes @Da-jarj- 

Relentless behavioural issues = 😵😵😵

Am wondering if you might find some advice for your situation from Dementia Australia as well as getting some practical support for yourself via the Carer Gateway (who offer carer respite).

https://www.dementia.org.au/support/family-and-carers

Re: Hi there I’m a full time carer to my mother who has mixed vascular dementia and Alzheimers

Very much appreciated Thanx for that!

Have you had a look around the forum @Da-jarj- ?

There are some wonderful self-care resources here including Carers Hints and tips to Success  and Self-care - Why can it be so hard? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance