Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Capricorn84
Casual Contributor

Hi everyone

Hey all,

I'm Capricorn84, and it's been six years since my first episode and diagnosis (schizophrenia).

I lost my 11year career as a teacher but have found a new profession in a similar line of work. Been reading about the discrimination that others have experienced once declaring their mental illness. Been there-done that!

So hi everyone. I start work at 6am but can't sleep.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hi everyone

Hi @Capricorn84,

Welcome to the forums. I have schizophrenia too and I also have experienced discrimination. I'm glad you have been able to find a similar job to teaching. I hope day is filled with love and light 🌼🌞xx

Hey Schitzo 

thanks for your message and well wishes. My day has started early and great!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Welcome aboard!

The first like three times I read your name, I read Unicorn84. That's your nickname, I guess.

All the best with work, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 😊.

Olga
Senior Contributor

Hi @Capricorn84
Welcome to the forum! Good for you that you changed your career and didn't give up. I also have had my long term career investigated(registration with AHPRA) after a hospital stay for mental health issues. It really hurts. I hope you are having a nice day despite your lack of sleep! 🙂

Thanks Olga!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance