Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Flossy92
New Contributor

Flossy92

Hi there I'm new to this group I have depression PTSD and BPD sometimes I feel like people don't listen or take my opinions seriously I just get told to deal with it or it's all in your head I'm just so frustrated sometimes I wish I wasn't here

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flossy92

Hi @Flossy92 , and welcome! It's good to have you here. 

Depression, BPD and PTSD is a huge load to bear. I'm sorry that people don't take that seriously. It definitely is not all in your head - it's very real and traumatic. 

I'm wondering what professional support you have? Like, a caring GP, a psychologist or psychiatrist? 

There are many people here with your conditions, who can relate. I am not on the forums every day, but others are. 

@Flossy92 wrote:

I'm just so frustrated sometimes I wish I wasn't here

Please take care - it's definitely good that you are here in this world. 

@BPDSurvivor 

Hi @Flossy92 and welcome to the forums. I'm a Community Guide here I'm here to help you get around the forums, just like @NatureLover has done. I see you have depression and BPD which I also have. There are some members here that have these conditions who might be able to listen to you and give advice so post on the forums and I'm sure you'll get something back. There is a discussion thread on BPD called Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script where people who have BPD chat here. You might like to drop in and have a look. Also, check out the Good morning thread to say hello each day. 

You do deserve to be here so please keep thinking that you do. You are valued and you matter. You have chosen to reach out for help and that shows both courage and bravery. 

I hope to see you around the forums. Stay well and take care.

Judi9877😊🌻

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Flossy92 and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with depression, PTSD & BPD. I also have depression & PTSD, so I can understand how you feel to a certain extent.

That saddens me to hear that you feel like others don't listen and take you seriously, because you're trying to seek support and I commend you for that, it can be very hard to do. So well done for continuing to try.

I guess it's common for people with mental illnesses to feel that way, at least in my experience anyway, I feel the same way you do very very often. But I want to assure you, I, aswell as others here, will listen, and take you seriously.

It's not "all in your head", as you quoted, it's something you unfortunately deal with. Sadly, lots of people don't understand, but we on the forums do. I hope you can find some support and connect with users here, because I promise you, we will listen, care and support you, and take you seriously.

You're worthy, cared for and loved, so please don't feel like you don't want to be here. I know that's much easier said than done because I feel the same a lot, but the world is better with you in it, even if we may not know each other, I still agree with that.

Please take care of yourself, I'm here if you want to talk, but please don't feel pressured to respond, I  just wanted to welcome you and say that I care, as do many others.

Lots of love and hugs to you, and please be safe.

hi @Flossy92 and welcome
well done for reaching out for some supports, im sorry that others dont listen or take you seriously.
I also have PTSD, BPD amongst others and they can be tricky to manage esp without anyone supportive in your corner.
can i ask if you have any professional supports in place or would consider them?

Hi guys I'm having a really bad day 

I've tried talking with my mental health team but they just told me that people have bad days

i know this but I feel like my feelings and my emotions are not being validated 

I'm just so frustrated right now 

I feel like I'm in a dark hole and I can't find a way out

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance