Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Birdofparadise8
Senior Contributor

Depression

I have depression and have been struggling for a few months now. I’ve just been struggling for a while and I feel like I’ve lost all hope in getting better no matter what I do. 

12 REPLIES 12
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression

Hey @Birdofparadise8,

Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling, depression is a difficult and complex thing ❤️‍🩹. 

You said you’ve lost hope in getting better no matter what you do. I’d love to hear some of the strategies you have tried? There is unfortunately no easy way to manage depression and can be hard to implement strategies to raise hope and positivity when you’re experiencing the depths of depression.

Someone very wise recently told me that the most important thing is not to make more work yourself. Depression is exhausting. They said to try small things that don’t put more pressure on you, as this can have the reverse affect. They said that relieving some of the depression, even one minute is a win. 

I am on the forums tonight if you want to chat 💬 

Hugs,

Sunshineandsea xx 

Hi @Former-Member 

Thank you. Yeah it’s been really difficult it just seems to be no matter what I do like going for walks, meditation, reading, watching tv, talking to friends and family, I also have a hot drink sometimes for self soothing I always feel the same. I get up and feel sad and just don’t want to do anything and go to bed and feel the same. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

All those things are good for you even if you feel they aren't making a difference right now. What is your go to hot drink? And what do you like to read? @Birdofparadise8 

I really like a hot chocolate and I’ve just started The Near Daphne Experience. @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I just had a little read of the reviews.... sounds funny. I love reading. I have been trying to branch out from crime stories, which are my go to. Have you ever read Kathy Lette? She is funny @Birdofparadise8 

No I haven’t I don’t really read all the often I’m trying to get into it more and find something I like. @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I love reading but it is hard to find the time sometimes in our busy lives. I always read when I go to bed but sometimes I am so tired that I only get half a page in. I always feel like I have achieved though. Do you know of any book clubs in your area?? I always see this in movies or on book jackets that someone famous recommended it from their book club but I have never actually seen any in reality. I joined the library last year and that was areal motivator!! 

@Birdofparadise8 

Yeah finding time is the hardest. I don’t think there are any here where I am but the library sounds like a good idea they may have something. @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I saw some of your other strategies too. Do you use an app for your meditation? I found a good one years ago but can't remember the name to download again. I haven't had much success in finding another one I can connect with and YouTube is hit and miss. Can you do it without guidance? I can sometimes but find it isn't as effective. I think I need more practice 😂 @Birdofparadise8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance