Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Bluesboy
Contributor

Anxiety

Hi everyone, I'm new on here. I struggle with anxiety attacks. I don't get them as often as I used too. I get them out of the blue for no reason at all, even when I'm asleep. I am taking medication that my GP has prescribed for me.   Ps:  Sorry I'm not that good at this.  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anxiety

Hi there, 

I'm new on here too. It was suggested to me to try this by my counsellor. I suffer from really bad anxiety attacks too almost daily. 

Hi and welcome, @Bluesboy  and @fairy_magic13 ! It's good to have you both here. 

I'm sorry to read you both suffer wth bad anxiety. It really sucks, I know. 

Anxiety attacks when asleep sound really horrible, @Bluesboy  😞

I hope you both get a lot out of the forums. You can also type 'anxiety' into the search bar for more threads. 

Hello @Bluesboy @fairy_magic13 

Welcome to the forums, a place where you'll never feel "different", "silly" or alone.

I suffer too and today is a particulary difficult day for me and I knew I needed help to cope so I chatted to a SANE councellor today who taught me "grounding" it really helped today for me...have you heard or tried it?

Hello beautiful @NatureLover x

P.S I should add @Bluesboy @fairy_magic13 

I saved the transcript so I can re visit it when needed, I am happy to share the steps with you if you are interested? x

"Grounding" is an interesting term. My experience with grounding is in the spirituality field (mainly in regards to having a snack after meditating). It does feel like one of those spiritual concepts that also applies to cognitive behavioural therapy (and such n such and the like). Kind of reminds me of "earthing" in regards to electrical stuff (but I'm no electrician).

hi @Bluesboy @fairy_magic13  and welcome to you both

well done for reaching out for some supports

Thank you. I too rang a sane councillor best thing I did. It really helped with my anxiety that day.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance