Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Useful resources

Jenn4
Senior Contributor

pH makes a difference to bipolar or schizophrenia?

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹ Has anyone explored and/or have any insight or knowledge looking at a link between pH and bipolar or schizophrenia? Here is a relevant article, https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-some-psychiatric-disorders-a-ph-problem/  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: pH makes a difference to bipolar or schizophrenia?

Sounds interesting @Jenn4  but the link did not work.

ph effects so many bodily processes.

Smiley Happy

yeah i'm just learning about it. never had any health issues before now! pain about the link! try this one? https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-some-psychiatric-disorders-a-ph-problem/

@Appleblossom 

Thanks @Jenn4 

That link worked.

Smiley Happy

I have opened but dont have brain power atm to read it.

Welcome to the forum.  It has helped me in lots of ways, information and people contact.

My meds are kicking in and I need to go to bed.

Take Care

Smiley Happy

no worries, @Appleblossom . hope you slept well! thanks for the welcome, glad it's helped you! take care also

Am well rested and looking at article.

@Jenn4 

Smiley Happy

Serious mental health diagnoses associated with brain acidity is interesting. 

Acidity is a complex phenomena and varies throughout the body. 

Definitely been working at lowering my general acidity through diet. A bit hit and miss though ...

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom , yeah i thought it was interesting and have also been trying to lower my acidity through diet (but only for a few weeks now, so not a long enough time period to say if it's made a difference (i am also on meds at the moment)). i wonder how they can tell if a mouse has bipolar or schizophrenia! i am really interested in knowing why my brain is the way it is, like what is the cause. 

@Appleblossom , what guide do you use to find out what foods are acid forming and which are alkaline forming? 

@Jenn4 

Love your irony about the mice.

Cat Happy

In the study some were euthenased.

Smiley Sad

My interest began mainly to reduce inflammation as I have a lot of arthritis. I googled a range and then wrote a list of foods that were best and similar to what I was already doing on side of my fridge.  I am wary of getting obssessive as there are a lot of access to food issues in my family over many generations and on both sides.  I have also had to run a kitchen that was vegan, keto, and paleo friendly (bro, son and his gf). One nutritional approach is gradually squeeze in good stuff, without over stressing.

Interestingly doc suggested I buy some ural recently. My infection receded, but I decided that I will use it gradually over time and see if it all helps as an alkali.

I doubt any serious mental health issues would respond obviously to small diet changes, but In my case gradual sustained attention to personalised nutrition has made a difference.  I am talking aver 20-30 years.  At no time would I have been able to say I feel the difference, but over the years, the difference in my quality of life is huge. This is in the areas (for me) of spine and arthritis and mental health. My son is finding that as he takes control in his chosen way of his weight and food intake.

Smiley Happy

yeah cool. thanks πŸ™‚
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance