Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Tea, coffee, tobacco. The pause that refreshes or a bad idea?

Hello TCT chatters....I have just enjoyed my evening cup of tea....with 2 chocolate biscuits...I know the tea is refreshing, not sure about my waistline agreeing with the chocolate bcikies though! My brain says yes, yum more please..and then when I go to the GP he suggests perhaps a sliced apple or pear might just be a healthier option..

No doubt it is, but you can't dunk a piece of fruit into a cup of tea..I suppose I should try it before I reject it..

Tobacco- well it's all relative innit..cigarettes are bad (for me- too much bronchitis and asthma), but I reckon smoking ice would be worse...at some point we need to exhibit free will and choose what we do. TCT are all legal substances, the government taxes all 3 and whilst I don't smoke anymore, I am not going to judge other people who do. 

Ethically, well that's a whole different arena as to how we became addicted to tobacco, caffeine or alcohol as perhaps being exposed to a pervasive message since childhood, that all 3 are ordinary activities, well it's a bit like being brainwashed back in the 1970s and I reckon gambling is the new smoking ads of the 1970s the way the media has embedded advertising on the tv through live covereage etc..

Ooops going off on a tangent....have a good week everyone, I will be drinking at least 7 lattes before Friday and 7 teas!! the pause that refreshes for me!!.

Re: Tea, coffee, tobacco. The pause that refreshes or a bad idea?

Sharing songs and stuff madly ... thought this could be a good thread to resurrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ttf5umeQw 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-11-01/brain-less-complicated/11658342 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance