Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder tips for family and friends

Hello @Rosa

It is sooooo goodto see you my friend xx

remember you are not alone

hope you all see a really funny movie really soon.-- Can you reconmend a funny movie @Rosa, I love to watch

my hubby likes adenture movies

I love Chatting on this forum too , and you can share whatever you like to talk about

Hi @Rosa - what a great post - lots of great tips and suggestions 🙂 I'm so glad the forums have been helpful!

To ensure as many people as possible see your wonderful posts, be sure to start a new discussion or post in a relevant thread. This one is specifically for BPD tips - but I think your tips also are applicable regardless of diagnosis 🙂 🙂

Thanks again for your wisdom

(ps: I like that you found a purpose for your Christmas fruit cake Smiley LOL

See Me? Didnt know you could see me? 🙂 Funny really, I'm chatting to a parrot.

Ha ha ha @Rosa

yes a very Colourful Peachfaced parrot Smiley Happy

@Shaz51, I see your colourful parrot, & raise you a rainbow zebracorn! 😉

Hi everyone, still kicking here. . . or being kicked - not quite sure which. LOL One drama after another, as per BPD usual. Hope you're all doing alright.

Hello @LustStarrr, @Brodie, @Rosa, @Babooshka1960

See you tonight at  Friday Festive Feast xx

Hi Babooshka1960
Have you been able to get support in Tassie?
Wellways (previously MI fellowship) offer both patient and carer support.
Darcy

Hi, I really need support at the moment. I don't know how to set boundaries with my partner who has bpd, without making her angry or upset. I really want to be able to resolve conflict however she refuses to talk to me when she's upset or we are having a disagreement. I would appreciate some tips on how to handle conflict in a beneficial way for both of us. Thank you

Hi @Annieabella

This is a resource that may be of some help. Boundaries are step 4.

https://www.bpdcentral.com/help-for-families/beyond-blame-system/step-1/

Hi Brodie

10 excellent helpful tips for those of us who care and live with BPD. My son has finally moved out and is renting a unit. It took so much persuading and saving on his part, due to out of control gambling during a particularly bad episode...of which there are many. Validating on my part has been the most important aspect of dealing with him. He has completed 30 sessions of DBT and has learnt as much as he feels he can. He knows what he should be doing but the emotions take over when a trigger ocurrs, can be a minor as his hot plates not working in the unit! He thinks it only happens to him and that his life is not worth living. That's when he starts drinking and it goes downhill from there. I cope much better now that he's not at home and can try and support from a distance. We have to take care of our own emotions and well being. Since my journey began 12+ years I have met so many families in the same position. BPD awareness has improved over the past year since he was diagnosed! Keep going to support groups and courses to help us who are their rocks....thanks contributors.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance