Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Hobbit
Senior Contributor

ARAFMI NSW "Carer Community Connections" - NEW SERVICE

I would like to introduce ARAFMI NSW new “Carer Community Connections” service.

Often, as part of recovery, we need to develop good community networks, which can help guide us on our journey/s and give us more confidence in ourselves. A good network of other services and people can give us the strength we need to continue in our daily lives, and can also offer us opportunities to extend support to others who may really need it.

ARAFMI NSW “Carer Community Connections” service aims to do just that. We can listen to you and connect you with services that you may not know exist, or connect you with services that may be right for you.

You can call ARAFMI’s “Carer Community Connections” anytime between 9am – 5pm Mondays to Fridays on:

02 9332 0700/1800 655 198.

Alternatively, if you have any further queries, feel free to email us on admin@arafmi.org

Feel free to log onto ARAFMI’s website here and view the media release.

Hobbit.

4 REPLIES 4
Moved:

Re: ARAFMI NSW "Carer Community Connections" - NEW SERVICE

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

hi @Jasoncsccog 

Welcome to the forums - I'm glad you found us.

@Hobbit isn't online at the moment, but I encourage you to call that number in his original post tomorrow.

In the meantime, you may want to create new post in 'Something's not right' so other members can respond. The community is full of supportive people who have been through similar situations. They may have recommendations also.

I'm sorry you have joined us under these circumstances, but I truly hope you find the support you're after.

NikNik

Hi @Jasoncsccog 

I also forgot to mention, the Mental Health Crisis Team could be a good first contact if you need assistance straight away (though please call 000 if there's an immediate risk of harm):

Mental Health Crisis Teams

• Sydney Central : 1800 636 825 - City, Inner West, Eastern suburbs
  • Sydney Northern : 1300 302 980 - Northern beaches, Hornsby, North Shore, Ryde
  • Sydney South Western : 1300 787 799 - Bankstown, Bowral, Liverpool, Fairfield
  • Sydney South Eastern : 1300 300 180 - Bondi, Randwick, Botany, Sutherland, Hurstville
  • Sydney West : 02 9840 3047 - Auburn, Merrylands, Parramatta, Baulkham Hills, Blacktown, Doonside
  • Sydney West : 1800 650 749 - Western Sydney, Blue Mountains (Penrith, Richmond, Windsor, Blue Mountains, Lithgow
  • Central Coast : 02 4320 3500 - Gosford, Wyong area
  • Central West : 1800 011 511 - Orange, Parkes, Dubbo, Bathurst area
  • Far West area : 1800 011 511 - Broken Hill, Bourke, Walgett, Gilgandra
  • Greater Southern West : 1800 800 944 - Albury, Deniliquin, Griffith, Wagga
  • Greater Southern East : 1800 677 114 - Bega, Eden, Goulburn, Queanbeyan areas
  • Hunter : 1800 655 085 - Newcastle and region
  • Illawarra : 1300 552 289 - Wollongong, Nowra
  • New England : 1800 655 085 - Armidale, Tamworth, Gunnedah, Nundle, Glen Innes, Inverell, Moree, Narrabri, Tenterfield
  • North Coast : 1300 369 968 - Taree, Kempsey, Grafton, Lismore

thanks!!! I will transfer the post to something's not right
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance