Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Appleblossom
Community Elder

A psychiatrist with psychological therapies

This doctor (Dr Tracy Marks) has a lot of clear and brief videos outlining psychological and interpersonal issues.  They are very insightful and normailsing rather than pathologising.  She describes scenarios and gives helpful tips.

Good Value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYqcX-7oCI 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A psychiatrist with psychological therapies

@Appleblossom 

Hello Appleblossom,

I agree. This lady, Dr Tracy Marks, has clear speech presentation, uses, what seem to me to be, appropriate examples.

I like her emotional cup analogy and the balance of positive and negative imprinting and programming.

Best Wishes

HenryX

Thanks @HenryX 

The typical practise in psychiatry these days seems just handing out meds and leaving life skills to the psychologists.  I am sure many of them would even like to be able to deal with whole person strategies more than only handing out medications.

@Appleblossom wrote:

Thanks @HenryX 

The typical practise in psychiatry these days seems just handing out meds and leaving life skills to the psychologists. 

This is SOOOOOO TRUE! I've dealt with Psychiatrists who don't even seem to believe in psychotherapy or recovery orientated practise. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance