Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: 60 tips for helping people who have schizophrenia

@flissb2607

First post in thread might be of interest to you.

@Alyce

First post in thread might be of help to you.

@he2

First post in thread might be of help to you.

@Cas1100 

This might be of help to you (first post in thread)

I just read the 60 tips...thanks SO much. I have been meaning to ask how I can better communicate with my son and these tips gave me a lot of ideas and help!

This will help my relationship with my son and the my other children, as I will be able to give them a few tips on how to communicate. 

I am hoping mid year, after the AVO has finished, I can invite my son home for visits and help him to develope his relationships with his brother and sister again, and get know his niece and nephew.

Thanks again, cheers Libra xo

@KaiTranSydney 

This may help you. First post in thread.

@LHP20 

First post in thread may be of help to you.

Thanks Darcy, very useful. I feel myself and my family pretty much follow most of these tips. A couple of things. 1. How do we get our family member to go to the next step ie see a psychiatrist for formal assessment. He’s refusing to go. Says “there’s nothing wrong with me etc.” He tells this to his GP this as well.

2. Family member wants someone in family to accompany him to visit/talk to police about current belief ie “why are police following him” “hacking into his computer etc”. 

3. How do we respond when he tells family member about latest public figure he has written to demanding “action” etc. 

Its difficult going with flow knowing that he is out there becoming a “public nuisance” and becoming known as “crazy” by community which knew him when when he once was “sane”. 

@loz1 

There are some posts relating to this and there was a 'Topic Tuesday' which might help  here  and I will tag you in  thread that explains loss of insight.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance