Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Trauma and Recovery// Blue Knot Foundation // Tues 23rd February 2021, 8:00-9:00PM AEDT

@Shaz51  Shaz51 we are indeed sisters. Our story in many ways is very similar.xxx

Re: Topic Tuesday // Trauma and Recovery// Blue Knot Foundation // Tues 23rd February 2021, 8:00-9:00PM AEDT

It still catches me too @greenpea , @Daisydreamer 

@Last-Lament wrote:

@chibam  Yes, and even more so when the person is PART of those support services with access to ALL your records and information. 

Past me can relate to you incredibly well. Smiley Sad

I was very lucky in that I managed to be pronounced "cured" and let out of therapy after my therapist was done with me; but that was a nightmarish 7 years while it lasted. Smiley Sad

I am aware that for so many of us, we are still living every day with the ongoing impact of trauma. Each and every person here has courageously shared stories and experiences of the impact of complex trauma on relationships, mental health and wellbeing, among many other areas of life Heart

I can see there are so many questions here, that unfortunately we don't have time tonight to talk to. But even though we can't address them all tonight, there are places where you can find some answers, or continue to share and learn with peers.

Blue Knot have many trusted resources and fact sheets on their website for supporters, and for survivors.   Many of the quesitons you have asked have responses on the Blue Knot site. Additionally, you can contact the Blue Knot Helpline (9-5, 7 days a week). 

There have also been some questions about domestic violence or family dynamics, and 1800RESPECT have a great deal of factsheets, and a helpline that is available to you

Thanks @Daisydreamer @and @Cathyblueknot 

@destructive wrote:

Thanks @Daisydreamer @and @Cathyblueknot 

Yes! Thank you to our hosts! Smiley Very Happy HeartHeartHeart

We are sure sisters  my @greenpea 

Thanks so much @Cathyblueknot @Daisydreamer @Former-Member 

Thanks everyone.

Very helpful, good discussion.

Adge

Unfortunately we have come to the end of our time tonight. 

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of both the conversation here and in the Friends, Family and Carers Forum tonight. These are big topics of conversation, and we are so grateful for your openness and willingness to sit with the heaviness of this topic- it's something so many of us can relate to and your stories will be helping provide validation for all those reading along tonight

A huge thank you to Cathy, you have been such an asset to our community. Your knowledge, insights, and expertise in the area of Complex Trauma has given us new understandings of trauma and recovery. We are so appreciative of your time and generosity in chatting with our forum community tonight.

Please join me in extending a huge thank you to Cathy on behalf of our forum’s community, and to @Former-Member!

Again, please reach out for more information Heart

Stayed tuned for our next Topic Tuesday event in two weeks on the topic of Men’s Mental Health and Peer Support Services.

And @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance