Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting someone dealing with PTSD // Tues. 27 Feb. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Thanks @Hillsy
Yes, there are two competing groups -- one large and well established, the other much smaller. The one I'd recommend is Ward 17 Family.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting someone dealing with PTSD // Tues. 27 Feb. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Thanks @Soozasaur -- I'm so pleased to hear that!

Thanks @DeanYates. Much appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experiences. If you do another Topic Tuesday, if not too personal, please could you let us know how your wife has coped with everything. If there are any things she found helpful for her journey?

Thanks

Thanks @Hillsy
My wife told me she's actually very happy to do one of these Topic Tuesdays herself. Over to @NikNik

Thanks @DeanYates

My husband was at a couple of sessions and he is in general supportive, but not interested in learning more. Unfortunately he still believes ‘I can be fixed’ whereas I see it more as managing my illness. His ‘fixing mentality’ puts extra pressure on me.

Wishing you all the best!

Well we have reached our 9pm curfew Smiley Very Happy

I want to say a BIG thank you to @DeanYates for tonight. You have provided so much insight through your own personal experience and knowledge - it's been invaluable.

A big thanks to all those who jumped in tonight and opened up about what they are going through. It's clear to see we're not alone in these experiences. 

I don't see this being the end of the discussion... it's an ongoing journey that has it's ups and down. Please feel free to continue to jump into other parts of the Forums and reconnect with people, update us on how things are travelling and keep leaning on each other for support.

Good night!

Nik

thankyouorange.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance