Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting Your Partner Experiencing BPD // Tues 23 Oct, 7pm AEDT

@DeterminedMy husband also saw a psych nurse who advised him to leave me as I was unable to meet all his needs which in her opinion made me selfish and ungrateful.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting Your Partner Experiencing BPD // Tues 23 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Hi @Never_Lose_Hope welcome along! That sounds like a challenging time and its great that you are helping to support them through it. 

@Stacey_N, Why are clinicians so clueless? How damaging it must be to have a clinician be so dismissive and not even acknowledge your efforts to share your experience in the hope of giving insight into your husband's mental state and it's impacts on you as his primary supporter.  

Hi - I'm here as a carer and supporter for my 19 year old son who was diagnosed with BPD over 2 years ago - will be great to get some insight from others who have much more experience than me!

It sounds like it can be quite a hard time to work through negative experiences with health professionals - @Stacey_N  how do you manage to keep trying and keep reaching out when these experiences have happened??

Welcome @EK1!

Thank You @Lauz
Sometimes finding the right words is difficult as it all seems so overwhelming for them both. Trying to give hope when there are so many uncertainties is difficult.

Thank you @ Lauz - it's great to be able to be a part of a discussion in what can be a very lonely world - I don't know anyone else who has a loved one with BPD so this will be very helpful for me tonight

@Never_Lose_Hope

It really took us down a wasted path as the treatment my husband received was not of any benefit. It was very basic, not beneficial to the complexity of BPD. I hear from so many people that the help professionals won't listen. We have the best understanding of our loved one, what their symptoms are, when it's turning into a crisis etc. I don't know whether it has anything to do with confidentiality but it is very frustrating and often listening to the carer could prevent a crisis situation. 

hello @Stacey_N Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance