Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Supporting Your Partner Experiencing BPD // Tues 23 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

For this Topic Tuesday we will have a special guest from our Peer Ambassador prorgam joining us! @Stacey_N has supported her husband for 25 years and has gone on the journey with him of being diagnosed and living with Boderline Personality Disorder. She will be sharing her valuable and honest insights into supporting a loved one with BPD. 

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

82 REPLIES 82

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting Your Partner Experiencing BPD // Tues 23 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Hi everyone and a special 👋 to those that wanted a reminder @Never_Lose_Hope @Former-Member @Zoe69 @Determined @Majik @Shaz51 @76MAN @skeg83 @Gentle

Thanks for coming along to tonight’s Topic Tuesday where we will be talking about supporting your partner experiencing Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). I am really excited to welcome our guest tonight @Stacey_N. Stacey is one of SANE Australia's wonderful Peer Ambassadors and has been supporting her husband with BPD for about 25 years.

In terms of how tonight will work, I’ll be posting some questions every 10 or so minutes for Stacey and yourselves to engage with and contribute to answering! This is a great opportunity to learn from Stacey’s insights as well as one another’s experiences. So please feel free to share and discuss together.

To start us off I’ll get Stacey to introduce herself and share a little about her experience - while she does that maybe you could all let us know what you brought you to the Topic Tuesday tonight 😊

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting Your Partner Experiencing BPD // Tues 23 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Thanks @Lauz

Hi everyone, I’m Stacey and I’m here tonight to discuss and share with you some of my story and experience around supporting my husband through both his and my journey of living with BPD. My husband and I met 25 years ago when we were both in our very early 20’s. The emotions were intense, I was idolised, I felt like I had never felt before, like the most important, beautiful, amazing person in the world. My husband was very open and very early on he shared with me stories of his troubled childhood and youth and I jumped at the chance to become his saviour, his life changer, I was going to make everything right just by being there and loving him. While this worked early on, and the relationship was bliss, cracks began to appear and there began the next 20+ years of a rollercoaster ride, encompassing the life of someone living with BPD and the impact of that on myself, our children (now aged 15 and 12) and our relationship.

Hi @Shaz51 - thanks for coming along tonight ☺️

Hi @Stacey_N @Lauz @Shaz51  + everyone.

Hi @Determined - welcome!

For any newbies along tonight who dont know me I support my wife who lives with BPD. We have been married 19 years and have 3 boys, 13, 11 & 3.

Sometimes it can take a bit of time for people to join us so lets go ahead and get into some discussion areas and more will come along as we go! @Stacey_N thank you for sharing with us tonight!  I know a big factor of caring for a loved one is going through the diagnosis process. 

What kind of process did you and your partner have to go through to find the correct diagnosis of BPD? How did it affect each of you?

Nice to meet you @Determined

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance