Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

Well as the final posts roll in, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in tonight's Topic Tuesday. I certainly learnt a lot. 

I'm so thankful for people's openess tonight. The questions you asked are likely the burning questions other have too!

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO @Ngaio-ROP from Reachout.com for taking time out of her night to spend it with us!

Thank you rock.jpeg

Oh I also forgot to mention, there's a great blog on 'Tips to help you overcome change' that has been posted this week for those interested in learning more about managing significant changes (regardless of age or life stage) 🙂

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

@Ngaio-ROP Do you find many young people have been referred to your forums by parents? Do they mostly find the site and forums by themselves?

Thank you, I will look at the coaching service. It has not been a nice couple of years in a our house as you can imagine so we are still a dealing with the effects of the death of my son and their brother/step brother @Ngaio-RO

thank you @NikNik, @Ngaio-ROP for a great night Smiley Very Happy

I will look in to that @Ngaio-ROP, the younger 2 are still going through a lot and the youngest one calls me mum and he get a lot of rejection from his mum

the older 2 are have nearly nothing to do with their mum , at least they have their dad xx

@lovemyboys I have tagged you for the topic tuesday which is on next tuesday too

I'm a little slow so I apologise I didn't notice the chat had already ended

I think there's probably a lot of young people on the forums who were made aware of them by their parents but don't mention that to anyone @lovemyboys

The anonimity might appeal to him, or the fact he can read without commenting if that's what he wants to do? I'm sure you'll be able to explain perfectly what you can get out of a forum because it's what you get out of here.

I'm so so sorry about your son. I'm sure the healing process is an ongoing journey. But you sound like you're able to give your kids amazing support to get through. Good on you. 

thanks heaps @Ngaio-ROP 🙂

Thank you so much @NikNik for inviting me. I've loved every minute of it!

Thanks to everyone for your amazing conversation and exchanges. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!!

That's right @Ngaio-ROP He is the type of young person who will shrug off ideas and pretend not to care but later on when everyone has stopped talking about he will have a look, might send him a little message and see how he goes. Thanks for your time tonight, 7-8 is generally our sit down for homework time so I missed a lot of it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance