Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Sexuality and intimacy // Tues 24 July, 7pm AEDT

Totally agree @Former-Member, touches through the day.  Kisses and hugs , pet names 

Yes when Mr shaz is coming up from his low he is fun and loving

Mr D is a very lucky man @Former-Member!  Thanks so much for sharing your approach.  It's really helpful to hear how it works for you. 

Hi all, late come here. Have just had  a quick read through and trying to take it all in.

I am not in a relationship but hearing these discussions there is so much to consider and so many struggles. Is a relationship really worth it at the end of the day? Plus, divorce rates are so high..sorry to be pessimistic

I just dont trust anyone to get that close. I want to be close, but my bipolar 1 has other ideas. I feel unworthy, or that its too much trouble to be clise. I panic as soon as a man shows me any interest that might lead to sex!

Some blokes are lovely, but they move way too fast, expecting to be intimate after a couple of " dates".

I get scared.

Hi there @Determined, great to have you join us 🙂

okay, I SO agree!!!! OMG, why do they have to rush into the physical stuff?! What happened to courting and getting to know a girl before knowing her body?! great point

Married for almost 18 years

Intimacy has always been an issue for us, even before meds. Since ECT treatment last year though it is non existant. If we get to hold hands it is a good day 🙁

Not really @suzanne I have plenty of flaws.  Loving can be hard work but the rewards are there when a little effort is made.

I understand that @BelleShelle.  I'm old enough to have dated before it all went on line and the expectations shifted.  And so the new ways of going about things spins my head! 

But the right person, and right relationship, is a very fine thing.  IMHO though, it's a zero sum game.  Meaning that a good relationship takes as much work as the pleasure that it brings.  But all good things take work, right?   

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance