Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Sexuality and intimacy // Tues 24 July, 7pm AEDT

How to instigate a discussion re intimacy  (or lack of) in a non threatening way. Understanding this may be different for everyone. 

I like your description very much @suzanne

A life lived (hopefully) well, rather than baggage.

Beautiful scars yes, some people said I should call them "battle scars".

Compassion, yes definitely.

Adge

I'd like to thank you all hugely for joining the discussion tonight.  It's not an easy one so I appreciate you showing up and getting involved.  And thanks to those who read along as well.  I hope there was something of value to be found.

Stay tuned for some helpful resources later in the year and thanks for your suggestions. 

And please make sure that you check in with someone if you found the conversation triggering.  Lifeline 13 11 14 can be a good place to start.

Have a good night everyone 🙂 

I'm with @Former-Member re 1 on 1 relationship

Thanks @suzanne

Thanks everyone.

That was worthwhile & helpful, I think.

No air-brushing in real life, I like that one (although I wish there was).

Adge

I can talk with him about it. But I don't look forward to it. I can't see why I honestly have to engage in the act at all! 😂

Sent from my iPad

Agree. There really is not enough time to talk about these things. 

Psychitrist I was speaking to was not really worried or not whether I wanted to engage with my partner or not. But than again I hardly got much time with her 😞

@suzanne wrote:

No, @Morticia I was saying that you need to choose what you bring into the counselling room.  And if you are feeling despairing and at risk of suicide, then you're unlikely to decide to focus the session on your lack of sex drive.  This is particularly true when some people only get the 6 or 10 medicare sessions. 

Sorry if I didn't express that well. I just meant that people need to prioritise and that sex often misses out.

I am afraid there is no way of asking this without being blunt and I do not mean to offend but on the carer side there are some who would appreciate understanding how those with LE feel.

I know sex is not everything but to most blokes it is important and I would see that withholding sex would not be particularly advantageous to a relationship.

A healthy relationship usually involves giving to one another. In the absence of intimacy, how do you feel you contribute to the relationship that would show your partner you appreciate them?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance