Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Sexuality and intimacy // Tues 24 July, 7pm AEDT

@Shakeelah25, as I am a second wife of my husband who has bipolar11 , love , committement has made all the difference, 

Who know what the further holes for us or anyone but live one day at a time my friend 

What ever happens I would have not want it any other way xx 

I think we just said pretty much the same thing at about the same time @Former-Member!

But you're still there @Determined looking after your wife and family.  How do you make that work?

Thanks @Shaz51 for sharing that.

We're going to need to wrap us soon but I just wanted to say that I'm going to be developing some fact sheets to help people lived experience, partners/carers and mental health professionals with this topic. 

Is there any particular aspect of how your or your loved ones MI impacts on your sex life and physical intimacy that you'd like to be included in the fact sheets?

Now is the time to influence the content!

Yes all good things do take work (sort of) @suzanne

I'm happy to do the work, I always have or tried to, even with friendships.

I've never adapted to online dating, when it's the most available (or only) option, for many people.

Plus I'm now much older - many people tell me that it's much harder to find a partner or relationship, when you're in your 50's (or approaching).

Adge

Sometimes I am able to accept it better than others @suzanne  It can be hard and has created a lot of conflict at times .

def coping strategies and how its about what works best for you at the end of the day. No one should feel pressured to do anything that they don't want. communication is key to fulfilling the needs of both partners (this from a girl not in a relationship haha)

I think it's genuinely hard at any age @Adge.  But what you described earlier can either be seen as baggage or as the hallmarks of a life lived.  Which we all get if we're lucky enough to get older. 

Life leaves it's scars physically and psychologically but those scars can be beautiful - full of wisdom and vulnerability and humaneness. We need to develop  compassion and appreciation for our own and those of the people who come into our lives.  It's very counter-cultural though.  There's no air-brushing in real life! 

I am what some would call an 'old fashioned' girl a one man woman.

I think that physical intimacy is for a loving committed relationship and did not feel the need to have sex with any Tom, Richard or Harry.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance