Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

Thanks @nashy I'm gona blush now...

Hi @Shaz51

Adge

Hey @nashy I hope I can join in? I feel this is a very relevant topic for me as I’m a chronic self loather.

Hi @BlueBay

Hi @Snowie 

Alrighty wonderful humans, let's dive into Question number 1!

Low self-esteem can work in a vicious cycle in conjunction with mental health challenges. It's hard to say which comes first, only that the combination is both common and at times painful 🙇‍♀️. Someone who already lives with a mental illness may find that low self-esteem develops due to the social stigma surrounding mental illness, however over time with increased community awareness ideally this will dissipate.

Reflecting on the above, what are some of the things you think contribute to low self-esteem within the mental health community? 🤔

@Queenie Welcome I am so stoked you're here 🙂 Heart I am sorry to hear this, I think you're a pretty awesome human and I hope tonight's convo churns up a little more self-love within you by the end of it 🙂 Thank you so much for jumping online and joining in.

No motivation 

self loathing 

stigma 

no confidence 

not strong enough 

Being socially isolated, despite consistent efforts (due to traumatic circumstances) - impacts severely on self-esteem @nashy It's very hard to maintain a healthy positive view of yourself, when unable to regularly connect with people on a meaningful level.

Adge

Heya @BlueBay  thank you for being honest and real. Stigma is a huge contributor for many. In terms of self-loathing and no confidence, have you noticed any events/occurences in your life that are at the healm of those feelings? Heart

Sensitivity

Shame and guilt

Blaming yourself

Loneliness

@HappySmiley here just struggling with my own company
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance