Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // OCD: Behind The Mask // Tues 13th April, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Welcome SANE Community 😊

On the 13th of April, we welcome ARCVic (The Anxiety Recovery Centre in Victoria) as our special guests, talking about living with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. 

For ARCVic- OCD_ Behind the Mask_Final.png

Behind the Mask

'Wearing a mask' is something that many of here can relate to. Often for people with mental health concerns, there comes a time when wearing a mask and projecting to the rest of the world that we are okay becomes a part of our lives. 

ARCVic described that for many people living with OCD, it can feel like living double lives; the life in public and the life behind the mask.

For Topic Tuesday in April, we are going behind the mask to explore living with OCD, what works for you, and where to seek support. We are joined by ARCVic's Peer Support Group Co-ordinator sharing his experience of OCD and his recovery journey. 

You are welcome to bring questions, share your experiences and contribute your thoughts.

ARCVic logo[1].jpgPlease join us here on Tuesday the 13th of April 2021 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEST to follow this conversation. 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm new here - what is this?

The event runs from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEST and is a live, facilitated Q&A style discussion with a special guest who is a subject matter expert. Each fortnight we focus on a different topic with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator, and joined by a Peer Support Worker. This discussion is open to both our lived experience and Friends Family and Carer's Forums. 

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Our text-based event takes place right here! As it is text-based, no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the newest comments (posts don't automatically load). The refresh button looks like this: refresh button.png

Keep an eye out for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post. We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for the event for overall ease of use Smiley Very Happy.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will post questions for the guest to answer, and you can provide your answer too. To contribute to the event, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong, and everyone is welcome to get involved! 

If you can't make it to the live event, but are still interested in the topic, you can always read back through this discussion at a later time. 

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEST - 7:00pm
  • ACST - 6:30pm
  • WST - 5:00pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Forum Community Guidelines and FAQs. 

Topic Tuesday discussions can cover some heavy topics. If you are feeling distress during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can start a new discussion on the forums and talk to other members, contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here.

103 REPLIES 103

Re: Topic Tuesday // OCD: Behind The Mask // Tues 13th April, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi everyone! We are only a week away from this live discussion about OCD 😊

Tagging a few people who might be interested in joining us on the night @Dee89 @NatureLover @Former-Member @AngelB @Hooligan @FireStorm @Paladin67 @Emelia8 @Former-Member @Lokison @thelorax @ZoukMum @shubu000 @twilight @Luna24 @kresii @Tropical @QueenCornelia @Jess10 

Hope to see you there! Feel free to like this post or the post above to get a notification 30 minutes before the event starts

Hi @TiSoG21 Just tagging you here so you can see information about our event next week 🙂 Feel free to support one of the posts here for a notification on the night

Hello everyone!

It is my pleasure to introduce our guest for tonight’s Topic Tuesday event, Anu from @ARCVic (The Anxiety Recovery Centre in Victoria).

We will be starting this live discussion on OCD: Behind the Mask in 30 minutes. We will be finishing up a bit earlier today at 8pm AEST, so this live Q&A will run for an hour. We hope to see you there!

Tagging all members who have supported this post and those who might be interested.

@Adelescott @Clawde @girasole @Lostinlife @Fonz80 @TiSoG21 @BlueBay @Emelia8 @adge @Sweet_cheeks @mazarita @lokison @shaz51 @naturelover @Dee89 @BabyDragon @AngelB @Hooligan @FireStorm @Paladin67 @PAX1741 @thelorax @ZoukMum @shubu000 @twilight @Luna24 @kresii @Tropical @QueenCornelia @Jess10

We are also joined tonight by @Girasole, one of our Peer Support Workers here on the forums! You will see @Girasole offering support to members posting to this event. 

Join us at 7pm AEDT when we kick off this live event here! See you soon 😊

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hi everyone, I'm excited to be here for tonight's discussion! 😊

Good Evening Everyone. It seems like everyone is starting to join. Very excited to be here tonight. My name is Anu and I am the Support Group Program Coordinator at the Anxiety Recovery Centre (ARCVic). Looking forward to the discussion tonight.

Warm Regards,

Anu

Hi @Former-Member ! Nice to see you!

And welcome to Anu 🙂

Welcome everyone! I can see @NatureLover and @Former-Member are both around tonight. Welcome to you both 👋

Thanks, @Daisydreamer ...I'm looking forward to the discussion  🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance