Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// NDIS, Disability & Mental Health// Tues 31st January 2023 5:30-7:00PM

thank you...if you can see this, I am guessing I have worked it out?

Re: Topic Tuesday// NDIS, Disability & Mental Health// Tues 31st January 2023 5:30-7:00PM

i would love to know i am unable to acces

Yes! We're about to start with the questions, you've figured it out! @MyLife_MyWay 

I’m not a participant but have a psychosocial disability. I support my 20 year old son who is a participant and I find NDIS causes me a lot of distress and I feel my own disability prevents me from ensuring my son is well supported 

Here is our first question... 

What is the NDIS?  

@Wazzlord 

You're on the thread to access it! Just keep refreshing and the conversation will come up one by one @JaneyC  🙂 

The NDIS (National Disability Scheme) is a federal government initiative to fund the disability needs of Australians. The NDIS aims to assist those with a permanent and significant disability as defined:

- A 'permanent disability' means a person's disability is likely to be lifelong.

- A 'significant disability' means a disability with a large impact on a person's ability to complete everyday activities.

This includes mental health (psychosocial disability) issues which are noted as ongoing and effecting a persons life in some way.

Hi everyone 

Hi @Wazzlord, I'm intrigued, were you an NDIS participant at the same time as being in one of those roles? Support worker, LAC...?

Hi All, 

First time joining in on the SANE forums and thought this was a perfect start to immerse myself. 
I was recently diagnosed (2022) ADHD & ASD at the tender age of 32 and would love to know more about what NDIS could potentially offer in the way of supports. 

Feedback I have received from others is that with a "Level 1" ASD diagnosis, they have struggled with applying to and/or have had their applications rejected by the NDIS despite experiencing struggles throughout all aspects of the lives. 

Thank you 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance