Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// NDIS, Disability & Mental Health// Tues 31st January 2023 5:30-7:00PM

Hi Everyone, 

On Tuesday, 31st January, we’d like to invite you to join a discussion about Disability, the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) & Mental Health with SANE Peer Support Worker @Wazzlord 

***NOTE: NEW TIME - 5:30pm-7pm instead of 7-8:30pm***

SANEAdmin_0-1672718424574.png

The event start times across Australia are below:

WA: 2:30pm 
NT: 4:00pm

SA: 5:00pm 

QLD: 4:30pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 5:30pm 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hope to see you there in the chat on the night!

109 REPLIES 109

Re: Topic Tuesday// NDIS, Disability & Mental Health// Tues 31st January 2023 5:30-7:00PM

Hey everyone!

We will be kicking off this discussion in about 30 minutes! To come along please refresh this page at 5:30pm and join the conversation about the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), Disability & Mental Health with our special guest (and SANE staff member) @Wazzlord 

This discussion will speak from a lived experience perspective, as well as give some helpful tips regarding support and the NDIS. This is your chance to learn and contribute any of your own experiences for the benefit of the community, and also to ask our special guest any questions that you may have regarding the NDIS, disability and mental health 😊

We can't wait to see you there, see you at 5:30pm!

Tagging those who supported this post and may be interested in contributing or reading along:

@Shaz51 @foeity @yitty @Interstellarbst @Sanity23 @AuDHDpug @Noor001 @whowhatwhenwher @twofour @greenspace @Paperdaisy @JaneyC @Lamia @Krabbe23 @ButterflyWings @DiosaAquino @Tren @chibam @Little_Leopard @BrainFloss @NicoleRudd1

Re: Topic Tuesday// NDIS, Disability & Mental Health// Tues 31st January 2023 5:30-7:00PM

Good Day

I am glad to join and am looking forward to tonight's discussion.

Hi, where is the link? Hoping to join tonight

Hey @Alanawww !

So glad you're here with us tonight 🙂

Just hit refresh on this thread and the discussion will be held here

Welcome to everyone joining us or reading along tonight!

We would first like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the various lands across Australia we are all joining this discussion from. We pay deep respect to the Elders of those Countries, past and present, and we further extend that respect to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with us tonight, reading along, or reading back.  We are joined this evening by SANE Staff member Warwick to talk all things NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), disability and Mental Health.  

To get us started, I will invite @Wazzlord to introduce himself to the community. We would also love to hear from members of the community joining us this evening about what's brought you here tonight and what, if anything, you are hoping to get out of the discussion 😊  

Hello all, In writing this I think the first thing that is worth noting that I, myself, am a NDIS participant with psycho-social issues (AKA mental health issues) who self manages their funding. Further to this I am a social worker (B Social Work) with a background working with the NDIS as a support worker, local area coordinator and support coordinator before coming to SANE. I would hope this puts me in a good positions to assist however I will aim to back up anything I can with links to various parts of the NDIS website. Happy to answer any further questions about this, as much as I can 😄

I hope I can work out how to access this forum...first timer here!

Hi all, I'm here mainly as a carer/ support person. Not yet registered, although I've delved into it a fair bit, it's just on my to-do list (like my self care, ha ha). Look forward to the discussion.

Welcome! @MyLife_MyWay Little tip is to keep refreshing so you can see all the questions as they come up 🙂 And feel free to ask questions too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance