Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Mental health and menopause // 15 Aug, 7pm AEST

Thank you @NikNik for this thread/discussion! I wish I hadn't missed it. But the magic of this Forum is that I haven't really 🙂

I think peri/menopause effects me a great deal. The hot flushes, though a little annoying, don't bother me a too much and they've slowed right down since I started taking the herbal supplement @Mazarita mentioned (Thanks Maz :))

But it's like that cycle has changed from the obvious physical one (periods) - to one of those invisible physical ones; it's like I loose intelligence - although it's not a regular cycle (I never was regular), but I have definitely noticed a recurrance of things like, not being able to spell things I ususally can, loosing what typing skills I might have - just memory problems in general I suppose (which is something I've always had problems with, throughout my life I loose 'chunks' of memory like a bracket of time, not the memory of skills and the likes!).

So I'm glad to read through here and read that's kind of normal - but I'm wondering, is it permanent, am I going to wake up one day (because that's kind of how it feels, I wake up dumber out of nowhere!) and be stuck like that?!? Or will it go back to normal when all these levels settle?

I've got lots of the other symptoms, my skin is worse (I have psorisis and some scarring), my arthritus is getting worse, I've put on a little weight (I have been diagnosed with anerexia, but I haven't cared about my size or weight for many years), my teeth . . . well gums are worse (almost wouldn't have thought that possible :)) But I kind of expected those sort of things, it's the invisible physical things I had no idea about. I'm guessing the whole stigma around natural brain processes or Mental Health, is the reason women don't tend to talk about it?

Thanks again, and thank-you to all who contributed to the conversation. @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Former-Member

I think I am losing my mind and I don’t know who can help. I think I am perimenopausal and my PMS is really bad. I am very hostile - I can’t control it.

Ohhh hello @Zoe4 and welcome to the forum my friend

letting you know that you are not alone

@Former-Member

@Zoe4, if you like to share your story on a new thread , we would love to hear more

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance