Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Living with Schizophrenia // 16 May 7 - 9 AEST

LE Topic Tuesday banner.jpg

Living with Schizophrenia

While living with Schizophrenia may be challenging, it is not impossible. Many people who have schizophrenia can lead fulfilling lives. Coinciding with Schizophrenia Awareness Week, we'll be discussing and sharing experiences of living with schizophrenia.

We are lucky enough to be joined by @Hannah93 You can learn more about Hannah's story in the video above. 

Join @NikNik and @Hannah93 from 7 - 9pm AEST tonight Smiley Happy

Things you can do now:

1.) Register on the SANE Forums

2.) Click 'Like' if you want to attend, and we'll send you a shout out on the night to remind you of the event.

3.) Check out SANE's selection of factsheets, articles, personal stories and videos

117 REPLIES 117

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with Schizophrenia // 16 May 7 - 9 AEST

A big welcome to everyone! A shout out to @Hannah93 @patientpatient @Shabangabang @Sanefan @Ellen1 @Juliefreestone @A0ri0 @Kurra @Shaz51 @ViperPixie @Former-Member @Zam @Shazld @Lucy2011 @Former-Member

Tonight we are joined by @Hannah93 , and while this is an opportunity to get to know her and her experience, this is an opportunity for YOU to share your experiences too 🙂

Tonight I will ask questions, which will be aimed at both Hannah & you 🙂 So please feel free to get involved, respond to each other, and ask questions too.

I thought we should kick off the night by learning a bit more about Hannah.

You can learn a bit about Hannah in the video at the top of this discussion. She has been so generous in sharing her story for Schizophrenia Awareness week.

So I thought I would start the night by asking Hannah to introduce herself and share how she got involved with SANE and what it was like featuring in SANE's video!

Help me make Hannah feel welcome!

Hello @NikNik,  @Hannah93 Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to Hannah and thank you for the topic Tuesday

hello @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

Hello everyone.

Hi @NikNik and @Hannah93. Smiley Happy

Hi Everyone.

Hi Hannah.

Thankyou for sharing your story

Hi @NikNik and @Hannah93. I've been looking forward to reading this discussion all week.

Hi everyone! I'm really looking forward to chatting with you. I hope you've all had a great night so far. 🙂

I got involved with Sane by chance really. An ad popped up on Facebook asking for people who have a lived experience with schizophrenia to share their story. It has been a goal of mine to share my experiences publicly, so I feel incredibly lucky!

I was so nervous about filming the video but it turned out to be an awesome experience. Putting myself out there was not easy... but there's been so much positive feedback so far and that makes any anxiety I felt about the whole situation so worth it! I didn't realise at the time that it would turn into what it has and reach so many people. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance