Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to build a safety plan with a loved one // 24 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Thanks @NikNik

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to build a safety plan with a loved one // 24 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Thank you @NikNik for a great night Smiley Very Happy

Yes thank you @NikNik for really informative night. Do you know the topic is next Tuesday?

Thanks @NikNik 🙂

Thanks @NikNik

For those caring for someone with Bipolar, this is a really good talk about relapse prevention gives really good ideas for a documented plan. (One of the best BP talks I have listened to).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdopKvBqNA

Hi @KF1969

Topic Tuesdays are monthly here.

The next topic is 'Support after a crisis'

Really glad you joined us for the session last night Smiley Happy

My son's care worker gave me a safety plan when he was discharged over 2 years ago. 

He had made it up with my son but it was not passed through him.  I felt it was secretive but eventually , 12 months later my son referred to it.  Insight can gorw gradually although not be always present.

I think when our current crisis is averted I wll feel better discussing a plan directly with him. 

Thanks for this talk.

@NikNik  some great information in here thank you, disappointed I missed the discussion last night but trust it is ok to comment now.

Reading through has given me some great information to help me work through a plan with my darling. 

I have requested such a plan on recent discharges from hospital but pdoc thinks its unnecessary as I already did everything that was necessary. Problem is that not knowing what to do and when to make a call (effectively made it up as we went along) was quite traumatic for me.  

I see benefit in having a clear understanding between my darling and I around what needs to and will be done in a time of crisis and what constitutes a crisis. That way my darling has a better chance of understanding (or accepting) when I am making decisions that she is not happy with (eg her last 2 hospital admissions). 

Thanks again for a great topic discussion, and to everyone who contributed .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance