Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

@Lauz being in present time as in right now

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

I think of the mind-body connection

Rest well @outlander 

@Adge Robot Sad

@Lauz how do you keep your mind empty when it's full of other stuff. You can't be mindful when it's full.

@outlander and @NameUnknown - no pressure tonight, take in and join in for however long you can or want to! This will be here to read on any other day when you want! Smiley Happy

I find mindfulness; being fully present in the moment by focusing my whole attention on the present task before me, extremely beneficial in helping to control anxiety and depression. As by keeping my mind and body fully engaged and busy in the now helps to stopme from overthinking my problems, unpleasant circumstances, worries or past which feeds my anxiety/depression; - and also prevents my mind from straying into worrying about the future. With practising mindfulness - I gain more control over my sometimes overwhelming emotions.

I hadn’t ever put this part of it together like this 'Being in the moment helps you acknowledge, accept and cope with painful or intrusive thoughts, feelings and sensations." I think I still see mindfulness as more about distracting and having space from the thoughts, feelings and sensations. I’ve seen it about being present but not present to the hard difficult stuff. I know mindfulness isn’t supposed to make you feel better but I thought that it was about connecting with something else. Have I missed the point?  Feeling like a bit of a goose now 😳

I did an 8 week Mindfulness course, several years ago.

There is "Mindful walking", there is mindful all sorts of things...

Adge

Hi @Lauz

For me mindful is being in the flow. When I used to get deeply involved in my work and everything around me disappeared that’s when I was all in, when my brain was focused, single minded on the problem at hand.

Painting, colouring in, music ... for me is all distraction. Nothing is as good as flow. Shame I stopped working.

Hello thank you for this event. For me it is staying in the present moment, controlling intrusive thoughts. I enjoy walking meditation and using noise meditation, sitting outdoors and focusing on all surrounding sounds, it is amazing what we don't usually hear and a great way to switch off thinking. Nature eslls help also but somedsys its just so hard to stop anxiety and bad thoughts even using these.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance